| X |

They made her walk ahead of them, through the village. The Pirates lounged around everywhere, and Ashelin wondered what their job even was. Just to sit around waiting for Vaas to need them?

It seemed like a pretty good life.

They shoved her into a hut, but she couldn't tell if it was the one she'd been in the night before. A breeze tickled her shoulders just as she was starting to get too hot.

A single chair sat in the center of the main room, and one of the Pirates motioned to it. She sat, and he roughly tied her wrists in front of her.

She sighed. "Is this necessary?" When he started to gag her with a rolled up piece of cloth, she twisted her head. "Hey-mff!" Fuck. She needed to speak to Vaas. She needed to tell him her plan before he made his own.

The gag was tight and she couldn't even make muffled words. She reached up and tried to tug it down but it wouldn't budge. The Pirates laughed at her grunts and strode out into the sunlight.

Fuck.

Vaas leaned in the doorway to the right, eyeing her. She shivered under his gaze and reveled in the tenderness of the muscles between her legs.

"A beautiful Canadian girl gets on a plane to visit an island that she knows is run by killers." The words dripped from his tongue like honey. He walked in slow, deliberate steps around her, like a lion stalking its prey. "She takes some abuse and gets ravaged by the Pirate King, and is still in one piece in the morning."

"Mmmf," she tried, but the gag was well placed.

"I still don't understand it, Hermana, and I don't like what I don't understand. That usually means a threat to me. My island. My men." He stopped in front of her and leaned down, resting his hands on her thighs. "It could mean that somebody sent you here."

Ashelin shook her head. She tried to say no.

"That's the only explanation." He squeezed her legs just above her knees, digging his fingers deep, and she moaned. "It only makes sense that you're a spy."

She shook her head again, harder this time. If he would only let her speak!

Vaas pulled a long knife from his belt with a flourish and she shrank away from him.

"This gets your attention, ah?" He ran the blade down her cheek and she couldn't breathe. "You thought you would come here and not get hurt? What are you trying to steal from me, little one?"

"Nothing!" she screamed into the gag, and squeezed her eyes shut.

He wrapped his free hand around the back of her neck.

"Open your fucking eyes, hermana," he commanded, and she obeyed. He stared at her, smelled her fear, and stared some more, trying to figure her out.

She was definitely not an agent, Vaas could tell that much. Was it really a possibility that this crazy bitch had flown across the world and risked her life just to fuck him?

He sheathed the knife, and she visibly relaxed.

He couldn't deny her perfection. If she really did have a rich father, he could make a lot of money, and then triple it selling her. Hoyt would be pretty happy about that, especially after the YouTube videos. He hadn't been pleased about Vaas' advertising. But this payoff would be worth it.

"So what is it then?" he purred. "You want to be dominated?" He untied the gag and let it fall. "This isn't fifty shades of bullshit."

"No, not dominated," Ashelin breathed, eyes molten steel. "I want to be broken."