| XVII |

"Get out," Vaas barked, and the Pirates filed out, muttering amongst each other.

"Boss, you can't be serious?!" Brock cried, rising to his knees with a grunt of pain.

"GET OUT!" Vaas screamed.

Another pirate grasped Brock's good arm and dragged him out.

They were alone.

Ashelin met his eyes as he untied her wrists, and he lowered the red shirt to cover her. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her out into the morning sun.

He carried her all the way to his hut, at the very edge of the village. It was a simple wooden structure overlooking the ocean. He set her down on his bed, and she raised her eyebrow at him.

He inclined his head towards the bed. "Get some sleep, hermana."

Ashelin wasn't sure if Vaas had stayed or left while she slept, but it was dark when she woke

Ashelin wasn't sure if Vaas had stayed or left while she slept, but it was dark when she woke. She slowly sat up, feeling refreshed, but with a dry throat. She wasn't sure what to do. Should she go try to find him? Or stay put?

There was a glass of water on the bedside table and she took it, greedily gulping it down. It was warm but nourishing. Next to it was a plate with some fruit, what looked like papaya. She chewed slowly, surveying the room.

There were candles on a table across from her, with a rope and a box. A thrill ran through her and curiosity flared in her gut.

"She wakes," he said, voice like silk. The pirate King revealed himself in the doorway.

Ashelin set down the empty glass and examined Vaas' expression in the flickering light. He studied her, and she didn't know what to say.

He watched her, amazed for the millionth time that she still didn't waver before him. She knew what he was capable of, and still she regarded him with desire. She'd even shot an innocent man that had tried to rescue her. Who was this girl?

Ashelin wasn't sure she even knew the answer. She was more concerned about whether or not he was finished testing her loyalty. She assumed that was what he'd been doing with all of this in the last few days. What was going to happen now?

"I have a gift for you, Snowbird," he said, and a shiver ripped up her spine. He crossed the room fluidly and slid a hand around the back of her neck. Her breath caught in her throat as he maneuvered her face down onto the bed.

He let go of her and she peeked to see him retrieving the rope and box from the table. Excited goosebumps tickled her flesh as he secured her wrists to the headboard, and then lifted her hips so that her ass was in the air.

He gave it a good smack and she squealed in surprised delight. He chuckled at her and ran a finger down her clit, enjoying her squirming moan. She was already wet for him.

"You're going to have to stay very still for this, hermana," he warned, and then sunk his cock deep inside of her.

She let out a long throaty groan at the unexpected contact, her pussy clenching around him. He stayed buried there as he opened the box and she resisted the urge to turn her head to look. He'd said to stay still.

There was a sharp pinprick in her lower back, and she jumped.

"I said stay fuckin' still," Vaas warned, and then there it was again. Then three in quick succession. "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

Three more pinpricks. Ashelin didn't know if she should respond. She clenched around his cock instead.

"Insanity is..." He paused. Three more. "Doing the exact same fucking thing, over and over, expecting shit to change." Three more. "That. Is. Crazy."

Was he referring to her? Or himself? And what was he doing to her back? It started to feel good.

"The first time somebody told me that, I thought he was bullshitting me, so boom. I shot him." Three more. "Then I realized he was right." Three more. "Where I come from, ink is a rite of passage for a warrior. The Tatau sets you apart from the weak."

He was tattooing her. Ashelin's belly fluttered with heat and she tried not to squirm with excitement on his dick.

"But all of those fucking savages are insane. They push and the push and they push, and I just keep killing them," Vaas continued, dipping his needle and resuming his task. "Whether they wear the Tatau or not I kill them all. And they keep coming, expecting shit to change.

"But you, hermana. This ink is special for you." He growled in approval. "You belong to me now."