10. Think Again

Word Count: 976

Warning: FIGHTING SCEEEEEENEESS! (but no blood) >XD

Description: Lucy proves that she can protect herself 

-----------------------------

  It was one of those missions again that Mr. Ramsbottom asassigned to the couple. The ones where Gru had to leave out of his house in a rush, leaving his adoptive children with Dr. Nefario. He met up with his adorable partner, Lucy, inside the secret workplace. Their boss, Silas Ramsbottom; assigned their mission as the usual. The couple were needed at a Bowling Alley late at night. The owner claimed to be missing the autographed bowling balls. 

The redheaded turned off the engine of her vehicle as she drove up to the Bowling Alley. The couple grabbed their gadgets before entering. Lucy took a quick glance at this place. Its signs was the only thing that shined bright with the exception of the full moon hanging. Some of the letters were sparked while others dimmed. Trash cans were surrounding one side of the parkling lot. Some of the trash bags peeked out of the cans and so did its smell.This definitely seemed like one of those places which could easily get mugged. The entrance was busted open, leaving bits of the door shattered. The criminal was inside. Inside the Bowling Alley was another story. It was like living with the riches. A chandelier hung every two rows, a restaurant and a bar came along with it. It seemed like a nice place that Lucy would like going with Gru and the girls.

The redheaded turned to a cabinet with bowling balls arranged perfectly. The design on them were swirls and looked like fun, but majority of them were missing. "They're here." The agent whispered to Gru who was beside her. Gru snatched his signature weapon from his coat while Lucy holded nothing but her fist. "I'll capture dem and save you." Gru whispers all of a sudden. 

"Wha! Are you saying that I can't protect myself?" Her hands dropped down, glancing at her boyfriends direction. 

"Well et depends." His narrowed eyes scan around while he stays in place.

Lucy's brows knitted. She never thought of her lover bringing her down like that. Saying that she can't protect herself? She was steaming of fury. She'll prove it how tough she can be. "I can protect myself! I don't need no man to save me!" Her tone rised. 

"Hush, dey're going tu hear us." Gru whispered-shouted.

"SO WHAT IF THEY HEAR ME! AM A GROWN WOMEN, AM PRETTY SURE I CAN HANDLE MYSELF!" She shouted.

"Shhh!"

"WELL EXCUSE ME FOR BEING A LADY WITH ATTITUDE! IT'S YOUR FALT AM LIKE THIS!"

"Lucy!" He snapped.

"WHAT! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAY NOW! THAT AM WEAK AND GIRLY! WELL I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW TH-hmph!"

Gru grasped Lucy's waist, pulling her closer to his chest. "HEY LET ME GO!" She slapped his wrist. The ex-villain let her go as demanded. "Get ready, dere near. I heard them." Stated Gru. The redheaded was too angry to hear a word that her so called, "boyfriend" said. She was too stuck up with Gru's previous words that she didn't notice Gru fighting behind her. Her body turned, her fist pulled back up. She was ready.

The criminals seemed to be around their young adult years, their heights varied and luckily, they were only two of them to handle. The redheaded couldn't catch more details as everything became a blur as she fought. 

The slim criminal tried punching the redheaded. All he was punching was the air. Her knuckles slammed his rib. The criminal holded back, restraining himself for a second. Then, he sprinted towards Lucy. His fist swong, but the redheaded kneeled down. Her leg spun while she was down. The villain tripped over and fell unconsciously. The redheaded turned to see how her boyfriend was doing. 

Gru was lying by the ground, sluggishly standing. His opponent grasped his freeze ray, curiously wondering what the weapon was capable of. He pointed it towards his target. "Sorry, but things had to go this way." His finger touched the trigger. Rapidly, the redheaded slapped the weapon out of his hand. "I don't think so." Lucy starts blocking his punches by the palm of her hand. The second criminal stabbed the agent's waist with his bare hand. "Ow!" She slapped his cheeck. The poor man's cheek was burning and Lucy's hand marks were seen. That later turned into a punch on the other side of his cheek. It didn't do any damage as he just stood there rubbing his cheeks. The agent's leg swiflty kicked up to the man's crotch. He groaned in pain and fell to his back. 

"That'll teach you!" Lucy smirked.

She pulled Gru back to his feet and grabbed his weapon, handing it to him. "T-thanks." Gru said in awe. He started fixing his jaw. "So, what about that 'I can't protect myself' junk?" The redheaded closed her eyes smirking like a fool.

"Fine, fine. Yu really can protect yurself."

"And?"

"Danks for saving my butt out dere."

"Aaand?"

"Sigh, yu don't need a man tu protect yu."

"I may not need a man to protect me, but I sure need a man in my life." Lucy leaned toward Gru. Her hands grasped his cheeks and pulled them to a kiss. One of the criminals stood up behind Gru. He pulled out his fist, aiming the bald man. Lucy simply mashed his face above Gru's shoulder blade. The ex-villain gasped. 

"Looks like someone can't protect themselves!" The agent wickedly smirked with her hand on her hip.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Author's Note: Ghostbusters is coming out tomorrow, July 15 here in the USA!! And guess who's in it? You guessed it, Kristen Wiig!! CAN'T WAIT! I got this idea by scrolling down on @aqualive 's tumblr page. So a shout out to you! Thx for reading!!