26. Learning Fast

Word Count: 637

Warning: No

Description: Lucy surprises her newlywed husband during their vows

---------------------------

  They've come a long way to be where they are standing now. They've conquered villains and brought somewhat peace. They've made it through awkward dates, kisses, gloomy days and happy times. They've made it! To the Bride and Groom!

Well, almost.

Before it'll be officially confirmed, they had to take their vows. 

Rays of sunlight escaped throughout the painted glass, enlightening the couple. Wide grins spread across their faces. The couple would steal each other's look, often. The ex-villain cherished the redheaded in his heart and his cheeks would still flush observing such a beautiful woman beside him. No matter what Lucy wore, she'll always be the love of his life. 

Slowly, sounds around Gru fadded out. He thought for a moment how life would be being Mr. And Mrs. Gru. Ah yes. It'll be finest, even if they throw each other tantrums. The best part, he thought, would be glancing down their silver ring. Reminding Gru that their love is infinite. He smiled as more thoughts rolled in.

Lucy on the other hand, couldn't bare an uncontrollable smile. Even if her cheeks started to ache she still smiled on.

Many family members and friends flooded the whole front row. Majority of back rows were just filled with yellow goggled minions. Up front where the girls were sitting, was Marlena. Agnes couldn't help but to swing her legs energetically. The curve of her face widen each time the couple gave exchanged looks. Margo adored the way they were appropriately dressed. With the nice touch of lace on Lucy's dress, made it devine. And her father's black and blue suit compliment the twinkle in his eyes. Edith was also proud of their marriage. But, hoped their was no mushy kisses. Marlena, mother of Gru, was nothing but proud of his son. His son's marriage was unexpected, but well earned.

Gru and Lucy faced each other. Their hands united, ready to say their vows.

"I, Felonius Gru, take yu; Lucy Wilde, tu be my wife, tu have and tu hold, from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, tu love and tu cherish, till death do us part." He softly stated. Before the redheaded did her part, she inhaled for oxygen. It'll be a lot to take in. 

"Ya, Lucy Wilde, vas, Felonius Gru, chtoby byt' moim muzhem, chtoby imet' i derzhat', nachinaya s etgo dnya; diya luchshego, v khudshuyu storonu, dlya bogache, ibo bedneye, v bolenzi i v zdorov'ye, lyubit' i leleyat, poka smert' ne razluchit nas." Lucy said stated perfectly in Russian. She smiled by the end of her statement, leaving Gru with his mouth hanging from his jaw.

After they placed each other's silver rings and sealed it with a kiss, they were off to the outside afterparty. Friends and family members individually congratulated the newlywed couple. 

They sat down for a break, exhausted by the hours of standing up. The redheaded stabbed her mini stick to her cube cheese. She pilled a few before swallowing them down. "Hey," Gru said. "Hmm?" Lucy's mouth full of cheese hummed. "Vat vas dat?" He asked. Lucy swallowed her cheese. Her stick came into contact with more. "What? I love cheese!" She stated, munching more. "No, no. Since when have yu learned Russian?" The bald man asked again. The redheaded placed her empty stick down. "Your mother taught me Russian. So, I decided to say them in my vow."

"Oh."

"Hey let's go dance!" The redheaded squealed. "Alright, let's go." The couple stood from their seats. The agent pulled him across the dance floor. As the music played, Gru slipped his hand on her wife's hips and her hand. 

"Lyublyu tebya. [Love you]" Whispered Lucy.