14. Hold Me Tighter

Word Count: 756

Warning: Nah

Description: Someone's afraid of THUNDER...!! 

-------------------------

Raindrops poured from above that night. They came down slamming everything in it's way. Trees started to swaying violently along with the wind. Thunder and lighting also dropped by every second. Each strike caused car alarms  beeping on and off. Rain drops tapped on windows. Then, they slowly drip off. The sound of the crashing thunder was heard loud and clear and that's what feared someone in bed.

Lucy, being a bad sleeper, slept with her legs wide open and hands on Gru's face. She snored pretty loud. But, not louder than the fierce thunder outside. Her red locks were spread everywhere, making them look like snakes. Her head turned away from her husband. She twitch and moved positions every time she felt movement. The poor redheaded twisted and turned every second. Her eyelid openes when she felt a tight embrace from her partner. The redheaded faced Gru.

"H-honey, your hurting me." She mumbled.

It was still dark but, with the snapping light of lightning she was able to see her fiancé. Gru's face was burried in Lucy's ribs. His nose plucked her sides. Lucy sluggishly pulled away from Gru. His grip was too strong. "Ba-baby, please. Let me sleep." Groaned Lucy. The redheaded struggled. Her shoulders shifted as she tried making an escape. Lucy stopped once she heard sobbing. "A-are you crying!" Blinked Lucy. Her pupils layed on Gru's bald scalp. His face was hiden in Lucy's sides. The redheaded slipped her hands on her husband's cheeks. They were damp.

"Why are crying! Did you had a nightmare? Is something hurting you. Am I hurting you?" Shrieked the redheaded hastily. Her eyebrows knitted. Gru shook his head. "Honey, look at me. Tell me what's wrong." Lucy began to fidget Gru's cheeks. He didn't look up. The agent sighed. She glance up at the ceiling, hoping he's ok. She started petting Gru's unexciting hair. A clear light snapped through the window. It followed by a banging sound of thunder as five cars beeped louder. Gru made a clutch at her wife's body. Lucy gritted her teeth. His grasp was tighter than before. That was when it came to her.

"W-wait are afraid of thunder?" Asked Lucy. 

"...."

"Don't be afraid, am right here. It's alright if you're afraid of thunder. It's normal."

"J-Just d-don't laugh." Murmured Gru.

His head peeked out of Lucy's sides, slowly.  He glanced straight at his wife's face for any expression. It was nothing but a smirk. "See, there's nothing to be afraid of." Assured the redheaded. She picked Gru's hands out of her waist. "Now, just let me sleep in peace." Smiled Lucy before turning her back. She closed her eyelids. It was nice for the first two minutes until thunder striked again. Gru embraced his wife hastily as possible. Lucy groaned.

"Do you really need to do this?" Mumbled the redheaded. 

She turned her face to her trembling husband. His eyes were squinted and he pouted his mouth as child. Lucy smiled but she quickly broke into laughter. "I told yu not to laugh!" Shrieked Gru. "A-am sorry, honey. You just look too cute when your scared!" Lucy chuckled. The ex-villain lightly poked Lucy's shoulder. "Ok, ok, ok. I won't laugh anymo-hmph!" She was short by the sound of thunder roaring and Gru's tighter embrace. 

Lucy shifted her body, now facing her husband. Her lips cracked a smile. The way he looked like a little child was adorable. Which made her imagine how Gru looked when he was young. Imagining how his blue eyes glittered for joy and how soft his locks were. It must've been nice.

"Yu better not be laughing." Warned the bald man.

"Huh," Lucy blinked to reality. "No, no. Am just admiring your beauty." 

"So why are you afraid of thunder?" Asked Lucy.

"Dat's none of yur business." Growled the ex-villain. 

"Come on! Am your wife! We promised each other to never keep secrets."

"I'll tell yu tomorrow." Mumbled he.

"Fine."

Her fingers began brushing over Gru's scalp again. Her eyelids were getting heavy. The redheaded placed her lips ontop of his before falling asleep. Lucy slept peacefully that night with her husband grasping her every minute. It was tough, but they made it through. Yet, the redheaded wondered. She wondered how a dull and emotionless person can be afraid of thunder. It must've been harder for Gru when he was younger. Nevertheless, Lucy embraced her husband. Letting him know that he'll be in good hands.~