22. My Catch| AU + 1K Special

Word Count: 1091

Warning: None

Description: Teen!AU + Pokemon Go! 

-------------------------

  No matter how many times Gru disregarded the outside world, his girlfriend would always encourage him to. Lucy always complained how he's always stuck in his house, lacking attention to the redheaded. But the now tables turned ever since Lucy started playing with her phone. No matter the time, she'll always call Gru up to pick her up for something "important." The slouched teen started to have some concerns of his girlfriend calling him up in the middle of night. He didn't want anything to happen to her, so starting today he's accompanying her. Where ever she went, he went. Where ever she'd stepped he'd stepped. That's how things went.

The sun blazed from above, everyone sported something short and fresh. Lucy had on her denim ripped shorts, spaghetti-strap floral shirt and flats, perfect for the recent condition. While, Gru went all in different shades of gray. The heat wasn't a problem to him but the weird stares he got, were. 

The redheaded carried water bottles in her purse, hanging from her shoulder. Time by time, Gru would clear his dry throat. 

Hand by hand, they walked everywhere. Lucy was having the time of her life with her phone on the palm of her hands. Before crossing the street, the redheaded stopped. She pointed her mobile directly to a fire hydrant. As silly as it looks, Gru already has gotten used to. And to his observations, other teens as well were doing the same. 

Lucy faced her boyfriend with the phone screen visible to his eyes. "Look Felly, It's Krabby!" She squealed. 'Felly,' was Gru's nickname, that he only secretly finds it cute when she says it. The redheaded usually makes more nicknames for her boyfriend, but Gru loves 'Felly.' "Dat's vonderfull." The teen grin weakly. "Come on, let's go find others." Lucy embraced Gru's hand, before crossing the street.

The redheaded kept on dragging her husband into every corner, stopping, then going back on their feets. It all went swell till something caught Gru's eyes. Other teenagers started to approach Lucy, mostly males. They'd ask something to the redheaded then leave. It just happened repeatedly. Gru wasn't sure if they were flirting with her or not, but it wasn't right. 

"Excuse me, are you playing Pokemon Go?" Asked another male teen. Before fussing, Gru observed the conversation. "Yeah, are you playing it too?" Asked Lucy. "No, no. Am just asking because I think I just caught something beautiful." He playfully smirked. The stranger layed eyes on the redheaded as Lucy bashfully giggled. "Ahem, and I believe de ding dat's  'beautiful' isn't here. Go, find 'it' some where else." The slouched teen bumped in, fleeing the other male. Gru snatched her girlfriend's hand and began walking. "Wha-what was that, Fel?" The redheaded asked. "Nothing." He lied. Lucy shrugged it off, eyes back to the screen. 

The jealous teen would always be on the look out for other thirsty males. And if they came any closer to Lucy he growled them off.

"Omg! Fifi, you have a Meowth on your shoulder!" Lucy pointed. "Va-Vat? Where!"  Yelled Gru. He jumped, vigorously brushing his shoulders off. He looked like a maniac from afar. But once Gru noticed there was nothing but air, he stopped. "There, got it. Thanks, boo!" Lucy pecked a kiss on her boyfriend's cheek and continued their path.

As time passed by, the slouched teen's stomach growled. Water supply has already ran out and his throat ached. Gru slipped his hand down to his pockets, revealing a few leftover coins along with a $20 bill. It was enough to buy something sweet.

"Hey Lucy, i don't know 'bout yu but am starving. Vanna go grab a bite?" Asked he.

"N-Not right now." Replied Lucy with her eyes glued on her device. "I'm close, really close. We can't stop here." Added the redheaded. "Vat can be so important dat we can't eat?" Questioned the teenager. He stopped his motions and so did the redheaded. "Gotta catch Pikachu." 

"Pika-vat?"

"I must catch it until I'll get kicked out of the Pokemon Club. All of my friends has it, but me." She pouted, lowering her head. "Hey," Gru's thumb pressed Lucy's chin. He pushed her chin up. They glared at each other's eyes. Green on blue. "Vat if I catch yu dat ding and ve eat. Ok?" Gru suggested. Lucy nodded.

Once the fanatic showed her boyfriend how to play, Gru walked and walked. He started to notice how addicting the game can get. Even when he caught something that Lucy already has, he secretly praised himself. What Gru found cute was how Lucy would congratulates him in every catch. Then she'll feel pity if he didn't get any. Gru was a professional. 

"Pikachu is 14 meters away!" Gasped Lucy. Her slim legs sprinted upward. She turned back to her boyfriend. Her hands cupped her mouth. "Let's go!" She shouted.

~

"There! There it is!" Lucy cheered. 

The slouched teenager nervously pressed on the icon. The pokéball awaited for him. Gru brushed his forehead sweat. It was now or never. With Lucy impatiently waiting by his shoulders, made it difficult to concentrate. If he made it, he'll be bathe in unforgettable kisses. If not, he'll be ignored by his only girlfriend and forgotten for life. Gru didn't like that.

He swiped the screen. Missed.

He swiped vigorously again. Missed.

Gru gulped hard. He felt more sweat forming. The teen glanced at Lucy from the corner of his eye. Probably the last time he'll ever see her. 

Gru didn't wish to witness the final outcome. Therefore, he squinted and swiped.

He felt the pressure of Lucy from his shoulders gone and breeze of air. "Ohmygosh!" She screamed. Gru carefully opened one eye, followed be another. 

He caught it.

The biggest smile exposed to him. Never has he been this excited. Along with Lucy, she jumped around and danced like a child. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She hastily shouted. Her lanky limbs wrapped around Gru's shoulder and kissed him with great passion. The way Lucy's lips roamed, made Gru's pale face as red as tomato. She released. Surprisingly, the slouched teen felt so hot inside as his cheeks lightened. The teen brushed his fingers along his kissed lips. Tasted like sweet strawberry. 

"Let's go eat. I'm starving. Wonder why you didn't complain of hunger?" Suggested the redheaded. Gru gave her back her device and left to eat. Maybe, Gru would catch more Pikachu's if that's how Lucy reacted to them. Just maybe.~