27. Burnt Failure

It's Gru's and Lucy's 3rd anniversary and they decided to stay home because their previous anniversary didn't go out so well. Just for the occasion, the girls were sent to Marlena and all the minions were in the lab. So it was just the both of them for the night. 

A sweet hangout while watching movies should be enough. Nevertheless, Lucy wanted to make lasagna which she found the easiest to way to do it. Even though her husband avoid her from cooking because, well...SHE CAN'T. Like Lucy would claim how well she can be able to cook. And Gru's just like, "Making a sandwich doesn't count." .-.

Anyways, without her husband knowing she's secretly making lasagna in the back. Lucy will temporarily cuddle next to her husband then back at the kitchen. Gru starts to get irritated on how she won't stay still. HE JUST WANTS DEM CUDDLES WOMAN! 

So he asks if any is wrong. Lucy just shrugs saying she has "use" the bathroom a lot. 

After awhile of checking each second, she starts to smell something off. It isn't any aroma, more like a stench. Lucy runs to the oven to only see black smoke forming around the oven. She opens the oven. Lucy stares in horror and cries deep inside.

 It's her burnt lasagna. 

Lucy checks over her directions and in an instant corrects her error. She set the temperature to 1900°C instead of 190°C, believing it'll cook faster in a shortage of time. 

Before she's able to take the failed dinner, it starts blasting off fire. The oven was still on! Lucy mentally cursed every word at her, knowing why Gru won't let her around the kitchen. Her goal was to surprise her husband with some cheese dripping lasagna, instead of over burnt piece of trash. Worst of all, the whole secret was torn into pieces when the fire alarm beeped loudly.

Gru dashed towards the kitchen. Which was by now covered in black smoke. It choked Lucy's lungs, coughing repeatedly. Luckily, Gru threw some water on the fire/burnt lasagna. He placed the bucket down and ran towards Lucy. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, but not the lasagna!" Lucy whined pointing at her failed creation.

"I don't care about the lasagna! As long as you're ok then so am I." He sweetly said. "Besides, you can cook the one thing your good at. Sandwiches."

Forgetting her previous failure aside, she made Sandwiches with her husband for their anniversary. Once again, it wasn't fancy but a one of a kind anniversary.~