23. Wish Her Sweetly

Word Count: 947

Warning: Nothing

Description: It's your favorite redheaded's Birthday! ^.^

----------------------

 Birthday's were a pretty big deal for Gru. It ment so much for him. No matter if it was for his girls, him or Lucy's, they were all important. Surprisingly, the ex-villain already planned Lucy's party before the calendar touched on August. He tried making it as spectacular as ever. It's been half a year since she's been Mrs.Gru, therefore she'll receive an amazing party. To be honest, Gru has been distracted those few months. He's been distracted with Lucy's beauty ever since. 

The ex-villain wanted the same excited look on her face as she had on their wedding. It'll be one she certainly would never forget. Gru assured of it.

The redheaded's messy locks hunged from her shoulders. She scratched off her scalp as she entered into the kitchen for breakfast. As early as always, the girls finished eating their typical pancakes and walked pass their mother. "Good Morning!" They greeted. "Good Mo-" A yawn broke between her sentence. "-rning." Smiled the redheaded. Her feet dragged her to the counter. Her husband placed a few layers of pancake."Did yu sleep well?" Asked Gru as he drizzled syrup on the pancakes. "Like a baby." The redheaded grabbed her fork. She dug her fork into her pancakes. As she munched on them, her tastebuds started exploding. A faint taste of chocolate was chewed. Once the redheaded looked back at her bitten breakfast, she saw bits of chocolate melted inside. "Mmh. These are good!" Lucy complimented with a mouthful. "I knew yu would like them." Gru sat beside his wife. His hand slid on the redheaded's shoulder, lightly rubbing them. "Happy Birthday." Gru spoke. Lucy shoved another pancake inside her mouth. "Thanks."

~

"We made her a birthday card!" Agnes squealed, holding the doodled paper. "I wrote inside it." Declared Margo from her bed. Edith dashed next to her father and sister. "And I colored it!" She stated proudly. The youngest sisters walked closer to Gru (who, was kneeling down). "Do you think she'll like it?" Asked Agnes. The ex-villain brushed through Agnes' bangs and smiled. "She'll luv it." He assured. The father swooped her youngest daughter into his arms along with the homemade card. He stood up. "Let's go give yur mother de present." He waved.

Alongside their father was his two daughters and Agnes on his arms with the redheaded's gift. So far everything went according to plan. Just like he wanted. 

Lucy wasn't too far. Her slim, skinny body was pressed against the sofa. She had the T.V on for entertainment. She was too distracted with the screen that she didn't notice her husband and adoptive daughters. "Honey," Gru called. The redheaded searched for the remote in the sea of cotton. Her fingers curled on the remote, muting the T.V. She turned in his way. "Happy Birthday!" The youngest one placed the card up front. The redheaded smiled, grabbing the paper from her daughter. Once she reviewed the descriptive drawings and heartwarming letter she thank them. "Come over here!" Lucy's arms opened wide, inviting them for a hug. In unison, all three ran for the hug. The embrace wasn't too long after Gru entered the hug.

Once the moon overtook, the whole family was out in the back yard. A hot dog stand fed them up and a few other stands contained entertainment. These stands were neatly placed on every corner along with the table with the half-eaten layer of birthday cake. Light lamps hung from each corner, they made vision clearer and lips easier to guide them to kiss. The whole gang was fed up with excitement. But that wasn't all that Gru had up his sleeves. 

Five patio chairs were overtaken by their owners. The girls weren't sure what was going on once the lights dimmed down. "Close yur eyes, Lucy." Commanded Gru. The redheaded closed them. She waited for a bit, until a loud roar of thunder-like sound was heard. She opened them with curiosity. To her surprise they were fireworks blasting bright shimmering colors. The girls awed at each one that blew. Lucy's lips curved a smile. Fireworks were surely her favorite. But nothing topped off the ending of the firework session. It ended with big bright teal words that blasted "Happy Birthday, Lucy!" Gru's fingertips brushed over her hands. He smiled at his hard dedicated work. It was all worth it at the end.

His head turned to his wife. Gru's smile faded away when he saw an unexpected reaction. His wife's lips frowned slightly. "Va-Vat's vrong?" He asked. Lucy faced him. "Don't yu like de fireworks?" He added. "They were wonderful, Honey. But, I don't really need all of this." She pointed up at the sky, referring the fireworks. "Or that." The agent pointed to the few stands. "All I need is this to make my day." Her hand rested on her husband's chest. "My heart?" He asked in fear. "No, your love. All I need is your love and the girl's love to make my day."

"There's no need to bathe me riches. Am not that type of person. Am the type of woman who loves and lives on." Lucy smiled. "And no matter the date, you always make me feel like it's my birthday." Continued she. "Thank you."

Gru didn't waste time. His lips surprisingly embraced her's. They didn't last long, knowing how Edith get's uncomfortable fast. "Can we go back home, bugs are eating me alive!" Asked the redheaded. "Yeah!" Whined all three girls. "Alright, alright."

The family went back inside. Gru spent the last few hours with Lucy cuddling in bed before it struck 12, while the girls marched up to bed.~