29. Edith's Unbearable Love

So, on my previous chapter I wrote how Edith isn't quite appreciated. And you can actually notice this in both Despicable Me movies. She's one of those characters who doesn't have enough character developments. 

For example let's take her older sister, Margo. She actually goes through love, later depression after Antonio left her. Despicable Me 2 had a character development on the oldest one. I believe the writer's have done this since as you grow older you fall in love type of thing (??).

Then we have everyone's favorite, Agnes. This youngster is REALLY well known for her adorable attitude and such quotes. Also, she tends to care for others as seen as for holding an umbrella for her father (in the second movie). SEE, that's a characteristic there.

Now Edith seems to be known for her tomboy side (even though she wears all pink? Really who thought of that?) And crazy ninja skills. Let's be honest, there isn't really much of her to add other than that. Sure she has disgust for love, but there's no soft side nor tough side of her.  

Now am not saying how the writers did a poorly job on this, but how they didn't emphasis it too much. Maybe, just maybe, they might be planning something big for her in the upcoming film.

THAT'S WHY I CAN'T WAIT!! 

I mean how can't you NOT love Edith?!