24. Reading Silently + Updates!

Hey there! Mary-Miracle here! I know I haven't been updating it's because of school. Nevertheless, I've always have been having SO many drafts and I don't have time to write them. Therefore, I'm doing something new. In addition of my fanfics, I'll start writing drabbles. (If you get me) I'll still right a few fanfics but I'll be mainly focusing on these short drabbles! :)

Any who, the other day I was at the library and I noticed a mother reading to the two of her children, quietly. I found that super cute. Then, I instantly thought on how Gru would read to his girls at night. It would be a custom by now to read for their bedtime. So while Lucy was staying over, she caught him reading silently in the girls room. The adoptive girls are in their individual beds, cuddled up while their father reads in the middle. Lucy peeks to find him like that. At first, it's a weird sight for her. Something you don't see everyday. But the other half of her is in awe.

Lucy stands their for a while, till she decides to join. Gru, (being Gru) loves the fact that she would like to read with him. So, Lucy awkwardly sits next to her boyfriend and reads off the book along with him. They're both reading, enjoying each other's soft angle-like voice.

 It's been about 30 mins since the girls were fast asleep. Yet they dont mind reading extra. This time they just glanced at each other. They observed the way their lips makes sounds and the sweet sparkle in thier eyes. Halfway through what Gru is reading, Lucy yawns. Gru places the book down and carries Lucy to bed (bridal style :P).

By the time her body restes on the matress she opens an eye. Commenting, "You read nicely." Then yawn more. Gru chuckles. "Just a gift of mine."

So whenever Lucy visits her boyfriend and it's bedtime, she volunteers to read but then ends up falling asleep before the girls do.~