13. Am Not *hic* Drunk!

Word Count: 942

Warning: Usage of alcohol 

Description: Lucy gets drunk at a late night

-----------------------

The moon shined beautifully, but not more than Lucy's appearance. She had on a silky V-Neck black dress that reached to her knees (Gru adores seeing Lucy in this dress), matching heels, a pearl necklace and earings. Her ruby red lips was also a nice touch. Her husband was sporting a navy blue tuxedo with his gray tie. The married couple were patiently waiting for their food at a fancy restaurant. They weren't in mission to be dressing so elegant. Instead, this was just date. Gru's mother was babysitting his daughters back at him, which meant peace and silence. It was rare to ever have one of these late night fancy dates. They usually had the girls by their side, protecting them. Nevertheless, they enjoyed as much as they could.

Gru grabbed the bottle of wine, pouring the drink to their glass cups. Lucy smiled. She raised her cup until she came into contact with Gru's. "Cheers." She says. "Cheers." The redheaded places her ruby lips on her cup, swallowing what she can. She blinked in surprise on how rather tasty it was. But, she had manners and didn't want to end this date with her drunk. She placed her cup back down. 

"This place is lovely and it's getting really packed!" Giggled Lucy. 

"I vas really lucky to reserve a spot for us." Replies Gru.

"Thank you." She placed her hands ontop of Gru's. Her thumb brushed his hand as she showed of her teeth.

"Excuse me ma'am." Interrupted the employee. The employee handed over food to their respective owner. The couple thanked him. "Please enjoy." He walked away.

The redheaded had a lobster with salad surrounding it. She squirted some lemon on her lobster before munching on it. On the other side, Gru ordered a thick slice of juicy steak that was steaming like crazy and a side of salad. They chewed on their food with the addition of chatting. Gru barely finished his wine, why, he was enjoying his meaty steak. On the other hand, Lucy secretly served herself more and more. She started to crave for grape wine. She always kept on asking an employee for more and more wine.

"Are yu ok dere?" The bald man asked as she saw Lucy finishing her 4th bottle of wine going to 5th. The redheaded simply smirked. Her eyes were half-lidded, her face was all  red and she swung her cup murmuring words. The effect was already kicking in. "Uh no. We better leave before yu get even worst." Gru said to himself. "Who are calling cute!" Lucy blurted out. 

It was a whole mess getting his drunk wife out of the restaurant. She started giggling like crazy and yelling random words. People around her saw her as some ghost or possessed creature. Gru felt embarrassed about Lucy's behavior at a 5 star restaurant. Once he finally made it to Lucy's car, he slowly lowered Lucy to the passenger seat. He walked over to the driver's seat where he'll be driving her car. He turned on the engine and drove the car with cautious late at night. His drunk partner started murmuring about nonsense and giggling every second. It was the first time he sees Lucy like this, so he didn't know what to do. Gru wasn't an alcoholic unlike Lucy. As a matter of fact, he started learning about his wife so much more. She was ten times sillier when she's drunk, adores drinking wine and has the cutest laugh.

When Gru pulled over on a red light, Lucy leaned to her husband. Her mouth opened saying words that sounded like gibberish. It wasn't clear what she tried telling Gru, but this what he heard:

"Du yu know how gatefull m am to *hic* beat wi-*hic* th yu. Lake it's sah anbelievable. Wh-*hic* o needs har whan yu can be bald. Ha ha *hic* ha!" She started petting Gru's scalp. He glanced over to his wife. She smiled and he forced a smiled. 

The distance between their house was longer than Gru expected it. And it was extremely stressful. He drove Lucy's vehicle to his driveway before entering the house. He grasped Lucy's waist and thighs as he pulled her off the ground. He carried his wife carefully to their room, not waking up the girls. Lucy kept on making more noise as he carried her. She laughed all the way. When he finally reached to the master bedroom he was greeted by his kids. 

"Why is Lucy laughing?" Asked Agnes.

"Why did you take so long?" Margo questioned.

"Why are you sweating?" Pointed Edith.

The ex-villain was frozen. Lucy was still in his hands, murmuring nonsense. 

"Vhy aren't yu sleeping it's super late at night? And vhere is my mum." He asked.

"She left once we were in bed." Answered the eldest sister.

"Of coarse." He grumbled.

His daughters soon left once he entered his bedroom. He gently placed his drunk wife to her side of the bed. Before heading to bed, he changed into his pj's and joined the redheaded. He spot her laying down on Gru's side. He pushed Lucy out of his side, but she simply rolled back to Gru's side. He gave up. His aching back finally touched the soothing mattress. 

"Hey, Gru? Do you love me?" Her voice was understandable.

"Ves." Replied Gru. He turned to his side facing Lucy. His fingers untangled Lucy's red hair. "Do yu love me?" He smiled. 

"WHAT IS LOVE? BABY DON'T HURT ME. DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE!" Sung Lucy. Gru chuckled. "I'll take dat as a 'yes.'" He stated. Before he fell asleep his lips kissed Lucy's forehead and smirked.