37. Delayed Ballet

Word Count: 845

Warning: None

Description: Single!AU, Lucy crashes into Gru

----------------------

   The alarming sound of honking woke the youngest child from slumber. Rubbing her eyes, she peeked out the window. She stretched her tight bones. The dense vehicle made it somewhat possible to stretch. "Are we there yet?" Groaned she. In the middle seat, Edith was pulling the loose threads with her tongue sticking out. "We haven't moved for hours!" Exaggerated Edith. The young one gasped in shock. Agnes leaned forward by the sound of her eldest sister. Margo corrected, "Not hours, minutes." Her glasses reflected the light of her phone. She glanced at her phone and pointed a finger up. "We've been here 24 minutes." The eldest added. Agnes' mouth open with an 'o'.

 She leaned back, observing at the aggressive, impatient drivers. She noticed how they repeatedly honked every second and shouted words that a girl at her age shouldn't be saying. They seemed like monsters attacking each other through Agnes' eyes. She clutched her unicorn plushie closer to her. The young one glanced at her father. It was difficult to spot the difference between impatience and aggressiveness through his facial expression. Why he was in the mix of both. His glare seemed like a death glare you would give to an enemy. But Agnes knew that he wouldn't harm a fly. 

Luckily, the car along with others started to move ahead slowly with breaks in between. The sky was still up, but she'd wonder that time. "What time is it?" Agnes asked. "3:45" Margo replied. The little child rested her arm on the handle of the car, gazing up at the vehicles. "I think we're going to make it in time." She mumbled. "In time? We're not even half-way!" Exclaimed the sister with glasses. Agnes turned to her. "I don't want to miss ballet." The youngest pouted. 

The voice their father caught their attention. "Yu won't miss ballet." He stated firmly. "But we only have till 2:00 to get there and get ready." Whined Margo. Gru stayed silent. An idea hatched to the young one. "Are you going to turn your car high so you can drive over the others?" Agnes asked. He chuckled. Edith jumped out of her seat, her fingers now brushing over her lap. "Yeah! You can even freeze them all and they'll have no choice but to surrender!" Grinned the girl with a pink beanie hat. "Yu girls are funny."

Agnes noticed the big gap up ahead, "Go." she pointed. 

The movement of the car finally felt soothing. Maybe, after all, they're going to make it on time. Agnes leaned back with the sudden motion. A smile spread across her face, not wanting to miss ballet class. Then, the sound of a screeching noise and a bump from the back forced the girls to tumble forward. Fortunately, their seatbelt ceased any tumbling. "What was dat?" Asked Gru in a tone of fear. He turned around to only spot a car bumping into his. He sighed deeply, rubbing his temple. "Why today." He muttered. "Are yu girls ok?" Gru asked. The girls nodded. The ex-villain clicked his seat belt off. "I'll be back, stay here." His hand grasped the handle and left the vehicle. 

The curious girls clicked their seatbelts off to witness the car crash behind them. "Looks like someone crashed into us," Margo stated. "Yeah." Edith and Agnes replied in unison. The car up ahead was a mini car coated in a soft turquoise, but the dent ruined its appearance. The dent stretched across the front of the car but nothing held loose. Their father seemed more annoyed than before. "I wonder who did it?" Questioned Edith. 

As if on cue, a redheaded popped out of her car, fumbling over her heels. Her lanky arms were covered with a variety of thin books. The lady tapped Gru's shoulder she seemed to be apologizing to Gru every second. Instead of bellowing the lady, he stood still with wandering eyes. The redheaded trembled to her knees as she talked. Her eyebrows knitted, conveyed her worriedness. "Why isn't he doing anything?" Commented Margo. The ex-villain snapped back to reality and scratched the back of his head nervously. His hand waved off with a grin on his face. Once he signaled his car, the girls picked up his red blushing face. They giggled. "I bet he likes her." Giggled Agnes. "Eww." The redheaded nodded furiously and smiled before entering back into her car. "He's coming back!" Alerted the middle child. 

All three in unison leaned back to their seats and clicked on their seatbelts. Gru entered.

"What happened?" Asked Edith. 

"Oh nothing drastic, we got it all solved." The ex-villain sat back to his seat. His hands moved the mirror above, reflecting the redheaded in her car and smiled. 

"You like her, don't you?" Pointed the young one. Her father blinked back to reality. "N-No! No I don't." 

"Then how come your face was all red?" Margo asked.

"De heat." Blurted he.

"Sure." Chanted the eldes with a fit of giggles, followed by Agnes.~