25. M-Mary Me?

Wow can you believe it, ANOTHER DRABBLE! ;P

I have thought of this for about a month now...

So you know how tradition is. A man asks her woman for her hand in marriage. Then she say's yes and bla bla bla. Don't get me wrong that's really romantic BUUUUuuut. 

What if Lucy proposed?

I know it sounds strange, but can you imagine how much stress that redheaded would get! She's been in love with the same fantastic man for 4 and a half years and wants to get married already. She never knows when Gru will propose. It could be anytime! But, what the redheaded DOESN'T know is that marriage wasn't really in his mind yet. Gru could only imagine how awkward he would propose. Even if it's the love of his life he's proposing to!

 So Lucy makes a move after they ate at a restaurant. Gru's waiting for the paycheck patiently while Lucy is sweating like crazy! Her eyes snap back at her boyfriend's face then back at her twitching hands. Lucy has been preparing for this day yet she can't bring herself down. She starts to bite lips. Looking around the restaurant was no help either. The amount of people frighten her. What if they judge her? Breaking tradition, wasn't something she did normally. But she wanted to show her love for him. Lucy gaspes for her last breath. 

She calls Gru's name, stuttering a bit. He turns to her. She lowers her head, starring down, fidgeting her thumbs. Eye contact would only make it worse. Then she begins her speech. 

"I-I know this isn't normal of me o-or of any women t-to do. B-But, I love you. A lot. And having to spent every second with you is a miracle. And I thank y-you for always being by m-my side." She pauses, trying to gasp for more air. Lucy can't see it but Gru smiles warmly at her sweet words.

"Th-this is breaking tradition, b-but I really love you with all my heart. If you always want t-to love and be with me so," Lucy stepped of her seat. Her knee landed on the ground, while the other beside her. She swallowed the big glup in her throat. Her eyes stared directly to Gru's. The confusion in his eyes twinkled. Lucy's hands collided up at her chest. "D-Do you want to marry me?" She stated hastily. 

Gru's eyebrows rised up. His mouth hung from his jaw, surprised with such question HE WASN'T GOING TO DO YET! His eyes wandered around the restaurant. All eyes were on the couple. Each individual stayed silent, waiting for his answer. Gru glanced back with a huge grin. 

"Yes!"

 Each table roared for the couple. Lucy ran up to hug him tightly. Tears started slid through her cheeks. Gru's fingers dryed them away. He cupped her face, kissing her passionately.

They left the restaurant hand in hand. (And yes Gru payed the restaurant for their food) Their gleeful smiles mirrored from each other. A few kisses interrupted their smiles. They smiled across the night, soon to be a happy wedded couple~