33. What If Gru DIDN'T love Lucy?

Me being a BIG Grucy shipper, I have to stop and think for a moment...

What if Gru DIDN'T love Lucy? And no I don't mean as if he fell in love with someone else. Just what if he didn't fall in love, EVER! It would seem like a pretty big deal but not until you look at it.

I've seen how some people in this fandom hate how Gru falls in love just for the sake of not having a wife + a mother for the girls. (I'm pretty sure he loves Lucy from the bottom of his heart though) This completely changes the idea of being single and having children (adoptive or not). It's as if he MUST get married. Maybe that's one of the reasons why we didn't expect Gru to be MARRIED by the 2nd movie. To be honest with you, as much as I ship Grucy I like the idea of him being a single father. 

Being a single father can have so many adventures. Gru has to take the role as not only being a father but as a mother as well. I could imagine some random people crushing on him, while he's  just brushing them off his shoulders. Now this can change Gru's activity towards the girls. I fell in love how Gru pampered his daughters by teaching them about tea parties and such. 

But then Lucy's here which benefits the girls and Gru at the same time. She cures loneliness with her energetic mood. Also, her energetic mood balances out with Gru's dull, down, heavy mood. Together they can make sure that the girls will react to real world problems. Plus, they also can have a child (which I'm not really opposed to) But that'll be for another topic...

So what do you think? Should there be a world WITH or withOUT Lucy?~