CHAPTER 1

**
GOING THROUGH A MAJOR EDITING PROCESS
There's grammar and spelling mistakes, bad storyline, and WAY TOO MANY PLOT HOLES.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
**

JUNG KOOK P.O.V 

I was in school, just studying for an upcoming test. I tried to not flunk the tests and pop quizzes the teachers gave out almost frequently. I buried my head into the thick textbook and groaned into the paper.

I tried not to groan loudly as the teacher was still in class, apparently blabbing on and on about the history of Shakespeare and his writings.

I peeped over the textbook, my nose resting on the thin pieces of paper. It was pressing onto my skin and I was pretty sure I got a paper cut.

"You assignment today will be reading the first two chapters of Romeo and Juliet ." The teacher finally stopped the class and turned to the whole class. "Class Pres, please write down the homework on the whiteboard, please."

My head shot up from the textbook and pushed myself up from the chair. The metal leg scratched against the cement ground. The ear-piercing noise made me cringe. I shook off the uncomfortable feeling and went to the whiteboard.

Yes, I am the Class President. Surprise.

I quickly wrote down the homework for the day and rushed back to my seat. Earning a few snickers from the students as they noticed how flustered I was.

"Class dismissed. "

The students cheered silently and just slammed my textbook shut. I stuffed in my bag violently and pushed back my chair before leaving the class. However, I was swarmed by a mad amount of girls once I set foot out of the classroom.

"Jung kook oppa Please hang out with me after this! "

"Oppa, please pair with me for the upcoming autumn fair !"

"Jung kook oppa, please tutor me on mathematics !"

"I'm not your oppa. Stop calling me that please." I swallowed thickly and pushed through the crowds and also shrugged off jealous looks and glares from senior male students. Some even growled at me threateningly.  I hated being called that, I was no interested in anyone at that time.

I bit my lip and wanted to dash out of school and complete my homework before 5 in the evening as I had things to accomplish. I shoved my way through the jocks and the senior girls swooning over me.  I gave them a forced laugh and an uncertain smile.

"Sorry, I need to rush ." I apologized, pushing them away politely.

"Aw... " they whined. I cringed internally and ran down the hallway, my sneakers squeaking against the tiled floor. I finally reached the foyer and saw students crowding at the steps and cars gathering near the gates to pick up the students.

"Must I go through this every single day ?!" I grumbled. The girls were crowding around and were squealing about a newbie coming to our school. I squeezed my way through the overcrowded area and also made it to the school gate without any car accidents.

I said a quick goodbye to the security guards at the security hut. I rushed down the pavement and towards my house. I brushed past some familiar faces, my neighbours, my classmates in school and some athletes in my school. 

I reached my house and stopped at my door to catch my breath. I wiped the sweat from my brow with the back of my hand. I felt for the metal handle on my door and almost slipped when my door opened suddenly when my hand rested on the handle.

What the ... I swear I locked the door in the morning ... I thought.

I looked down at my feet and saw a pair of polished leather shoe at my doorstep. I raised my eyebrow questioningly at the expensive looking shoe and entered sceptically into the house.

"Hey~ Anyone home ?!" I hollered into the what seemed like an empty house.

The lights were turned off and no noise in the house. I was about to blame myself for not remembering to lock the door when I felt someone pat me on the shoulder. I screamed and jumped all the way to the roof. He scoffed as he heard a string of colourful curse words escape from my mouth.

"Calm your non-existing tits, Jung kook . " he scolded, putting both hands in front of him in mock surrender.

I turned around and saw Yoongi behind me. The man brushed his hair away from his eyebrows, he showed no sign of being remorseful to scaring me half to death. 

"What do you want. " I whined, tossing my bag to the couch.

"I need you to work late today again ." He said and flashed me a mischevious smile. I groaned inwardly as whenever Yoongi smiles, something was up to his sleeve.

"What do you need?"

"I need you to take someone down. " He said, folding his arms. I wish he could speak normally and also in full context and not break it into tiny sentences. He was just thinning my patience by the second.

I was about to demand the elder to give me the most important information when he slipped a thick envelope into my hands.

"Use this information gathered from Namjoon. Be careful, this time, the target is heavily protected ." Yoongi warned, patting my shoulder encouragingly.

I guess I need to rush through homework now. Thanks, Min Yoongi. I rolled my eyes.

He gave me another smile and left, closing the door behind him. I turned my attention to the envelope again  The orange coloured paper was crumpled in my hands. I went to the kitchen and threw my school blazer on the kitchen counter and leaned against it.

I sighed as I eyed the envelope accusingly.

"You idiot, now I need to rush through my homework because of you. " I pouted, poking the envelope. I sighed and peeled myself from the counter. I tore off the paper and saw a picture attached to a document.

I took the picture out. It was a boy with chocolate coloured hair and intense eyes. He had a smile and piercings on both his ears. He wore an expensive tailored maroon coloured suit in the picture I was provided in. I was somehow drawn into the picture. I quickly slammed it down on the counter and took the thin piece of document and quickly scanned through it.

"At the Gala dinner ... 5:30 pm... Sitting at the front table facing the stage ..." I mumbled as I scanned through the paper.

This would be easy if there weren't many guards around.

I went out of the kitchen and grabbed my bag from the couch and emptied the contents onto my clean couch. I was surprised when I saw there were literally textbooks and files coming out of my bag considering that it was really light.

"Well ... time for me to change and get ready ."

I changed out of my school uniform to something more comfortable. When I mean 'more comfortable ", I meant a  black pullover with a hoodie and skinny jeans.  IT WAS CONSTRICTING IN SOME AREAS BUT IT WAS THE BEST I COULD DO.

I threw in my Romeo and Juliet book into my school back and went to my closet and reached deep into it. Pushing my clothes away and felt for the tiny opening. My fingers brushed across something cold and my eyes lightened up. I pushed the obstacles away, my clothes and coats, revealing a hidden case which was leaning on the shelf.  I smiled widely and took the case out.

"There it is. " I whispered in joy.

It was my trusty sniper rifle, I did not give it a name, though ... too mainstream I guess. I brought it to the couch and set it beside my bag. I tossed some sandwiches in my backpack, my phone, and another jacket.

And don't worry, I did not forget the extra bullets.

Leggo then! I exclaimed in my head.