CHAPTER 48

"Jung kook said that... meet him at Namsan Tower. On the 1st September..." Jinyoung said. "And that you will meet him there."

It's been two years since the disappearance of Jeon Jung kook. Taehyung had brought the company back since the accident, and he has been going to the Namsan Tower for a consecutive year . Clearly breaking the oath of going there only once in his life time.

BamBam and Jinyoung worked with him in the office and Chanyeol and Baekhyun were deployed somewhere else.

Wonwoo and Mingyu were there too, after Wonwoo met with his unfortunate accident, Taehyung had to invite the duo to work with him. If not he would feel guilty, and it would feel like the guilt was eating him alive from the inside out.

" It's the 1st September, would you go visit again?" BamBam asked, walking into the office. He held a thick stack of papers and adopted the habit of wearing very fashionably even at work.

Taehyung sighed and dropped the ball pointed pen onto the oak table. He leaned back on his chair, staring up to the ceiling. In his body, his mind fought with his heart, trying win against each other. The brunette was contemplating whether or not to go to Namsan tower again.

The first time he got there, he just graduated without Jung kook by his side. When he got to the place, there was not even a single soul mingling around there.

"Taehyung?" BamBam said, waving his hand in front of the brunette's face. It snapped out of Taehyung's trance like thought, leaving him somehow breathless. "So are you still going?"

"Yeah... I guess." Taehyung replied, getting up from his chair and straightening his suit. "I'll be going soon."

"Do you want me to arrange a driver for you?" BamBam offered, fishing out his phone from his pocket.

"No need for that. I'll be driving."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung got into his car and sighed again. He clicked on his seat belt and start up his engine. A soft purr was heard throughout the car. And Taehyung took off, driving out of the car park and into the busy road above. He was already so used to the city even though he just moved about a month ago. He was used to the honking, the business man cursing loudly from their cars and the daredevils that jay walks.

He thumbed tapped onto the steering wheel, puffing out his cheeks and staring at the traffic lights.

Will he be there?

I hope so...

To cure his boredom, he turned on the radio and switched to the news station. The high pitches voice of the woman spokesperson came from the speakers and Taehyung listens intently and the traffic lights turned green, signaling for him to started driving. After a minute or two of reporting the weather for the next few days, the breaking news was announced.

On the 29th of October, the three bosses of Korea's most wealthy companies were found dead at their respective office towers. They were apparently shot at the head with a gun similar to a sniper rifle. When questioned, witnesses claimed that they did not see any suspicious character entering the towers. Only to find their bosses dead when entering their rooms.

Police believed that it was a assassination mission and no evidence was found in the security cameras either. The police, however, found bags of drugs from the managers and from the laws of the country, they were supposed to be sentenced to life in jail.

Whoever killed those three men is a murderer, investigations is still going on.

"Who can that be?" Taehyung shuddered, shifting in the leather seat. He hit the gas pedal harder,picking up speed and driving faster down the road, past the slow ass cars and toward the tower.

He turned off the radio as some point, trying recollect his thoughts and work. His mother was pestering him to get married, or even a date soon. Since he was single for two years straight. Rejecting offers being made to him when he attend fancy galas or meet ups. He was always seen with a glass of red wine or champagne, eyes staring into red liquid.

Taehyung reached the tower, and parked his car at the empty car park. No one goes there in the middle of the day just to wait for someone oh so important to the other. Taehyung exited the car, and locked it while he was picking out fallen leaves from the head.

The trees were already slowly turning yellow and red. The dried leaves crinkled and dropped onto the ground. The brunette walked down the stone paved road, trying his best to admire the autumn flowers blooming over head and the leaves decorating alongside the road.

"This is the place." Taehyung breathed out, his head hung low and his hands by his side.

He got to the lift and went to the place he last got a good look at Jung kook. The last place he actually said that he loved Jung kook dearly. And the last place he placed his wish at the tower.

He looked at the lockers, reading the sweet little messages crudely written on it. Some were wooden lockers and some were plastic, he tried to find his one, the one that was purple in color and it seemed to shine under light.

He saw it peeking out from three other lockets, all which were almost as big as him hand. He was about to read his love declaration to Jung kook once again when he realized something else. One of the three lockets were written by...

By Jung kook himself.

I will wait for the one. And that's Kim Taehyung.

"Jung kook has been here..." Taehyung whispered, looking around as if expecting younger sprout out and wrap his arms around the brunette.

But no, Jung kook never came the day. And that would be another year passing by with seeing Taehyung's love.

The brunette slumped down at the car seat. Burying his face in his hands as he groaned out loud in the car. He had became so miserable after loosing Jung kook, he should have stayed to help when Jimin arrived at the office tower.

Taehyung should have helped Jung kook.

But something inside his heart told him that Jung kook was still alive, somewhere in Seoul.