CHAPTER 42

Jung kook was given all clear a week later. Yoongi, Seokjin and Namjoon came by and brought him food and some company. Which was already enough to make the younger smile.

Though he wished Taehyung would visit. He brushed that though away as he deemed it too selfish of him, taehyung had his own things to do, studying and also to manage business. Jung kook should not expect the brunette to take time off and visit him.

The nurse came by and penned down the details before letting someone come into the cramped up room. A figure Jung kook was too familiar with. He wore a bright yellow sweater and had the infamous bed hair that get girls falling head over tails for him, paired up with Harry Potter styled glasses. He was carrying a navy blue duffel bag on his shoulder and two thick winter coats of another he shrugged the bag off and placed on the floor.

"Good afternoon Wonwoo." Jung kook smiled, climbing out of the hospital bed to greet the elder.

"No need, I am just here to bring you home."

"Oh. Thanks." Jung kook whispered, looking down at his feet.

"Get changed, I'll wait for you outside."

Jung kook nodded in response and grabbed the duffel bag, he pulled it open and found his usual clothing, black tee and skinny jeans , accompanied with a pair of timberlands. His face immediately brightened as he saw the familiar sight of his favorite brand of shoes. He quickly shake off the hospital gown and slipped into the fresh clothing. He got into the shoes and warmed him up perfectly and he went out, of the small room.

"Let's go?"

"Is that even a question, Jung kook. I would absolutely despise staying here for another week. Much less a day!" Wonwoo snorted.

"Very funny. It's me getting hospitalized, not you, sloth." Jung kook said sarcastically.

"Do not call me sloth! You got a bad habit from Taehyung!" Wonwoo scolded, walking down the hallway. Jung kook smiled idiotically, knowing that teasing the usual stone-faced Wonwoo was going to be his next hobby.

The older went to the front desk and got the papers signed. He sometimes had to snap his finger below the nurse's nose to get her attention back to the paperwork, and not staring into Wonwoo's face.

"Am I that good looking?"

"I am so not boosting your ego." Jung kook replied, rolling his eyes. "Ask your boyfriend or something."

Wonwoo jokingly scoffed and draped one coat onto his shoulder and passed the other to Jung kook. The younger did the same and the duo set foot outside the city's central hospital. Jung kook could finally smell something else other than medicine and antiseptic. He took a deep breathe, breathing in the cold city air. Wonwoo brought him to the car park and ushered the younger in the seat before sliding into his own.

Jung kook was never as happy as he was then to ride shot gun.

He buckled up, sinking into the padded leather seat and sighed. Wonwoo started the engine and drove to Taehyung's estate. Sometimes he muttered curses for the road being too slippery and other reckless drivers cutting in line.

When they reached home, Jung kook grabbed the duffel bag and exited the car. Eager to get home and see the rest of the crew, more eager to see Taehyung after a long stay in the hospital. He knocked on the door, his hair flying all over the place due to the wind and even caught a few specks of snow. Someone opened the door and revealed Baekhyun , in all his red haired glory.

"Jung kook! You are back! "The taehyung look-a-like exclaimed, ushering Jung kook to the warm house. The younger went in, dropping the bag and taking off the coat. He discarded it onto the sofa, he was expecting Taehyung.

"Taehyung's back. He is upstairs." Baekhyun promoted, pointing at the staircase.

"Okay... thanks."

All excitement drained from the younger's body.

Oh god.

Taehyung's there?

Okay... don't freak out.

He was lost in his own thoughts that he did not realize a strong pair of arms snaked around his waist. Holding him tightly. The scent of vanilla and something else sweet attacked Jung kook's nose.

"You are back." Someone whispered. His breath smelled like dark coffee, it ghosted against Jung kook's ear, making the younger feel ticklish. "You are okay..."

Jung kook turned around, face to face with Taehyung. They were a breath A away from each other, they were so close that Jung kook could hear Taehyung's breathing.

"I missed you... I forgive you..." Jung kook hugged back, burying his face into Taehyung's shoulder. "I really... missed you..."

"Me too."Taehyung whispered , cupping Jung kook's cheeks and leaned down for a peck on the lips.

"Spare my innocence, please." Wonwoo pleaded, covering his eyes with one hand. "If you want to make out, go to one of the rooms."

"Oh... please. As if you didn't do it with Mingyu." Taehyung fired back, pulling away. That shuts Wonwoo up, his face was red as he tried to retaliate, but no words came out.

"Ouch..." Jung kook commented, giggling a little.

Taehyung hugged Jung kook again, his hand finding its way to the younger's silky hair. Taehyung ran his fingers through the soft hair, all his worries were all gone at that moment somehow.

Taehyung was going to cry, tear up in total happiness. He controlled himself, he wiped the tears off his eyes with the back of his hand and tried his best to not stutter.

"I am really glad that you are back... I love you."

"Me too..."Jung kook replied, returning the stolen kiss by pecking Taehyung on the cheek. That made the brunette sigh contentedly. The two pulled away, pretty much already reminiscing the contact they had before.

"I'll go upstairs and wash up... see you later." Jung kook smiled as he jogged up the steps.

"You two are getting really intimate." Wonwoo smirked, brushing a stead on hair off his brow.

"Haha, I am laughing. " the brunette paused for a second before opening his mouth. "Any news?"

" I did some digging before picking up Jung kook." Wonwoo replied, adjusting his glasses by pushing it up the bridge of his nose. "Jimin is still on the death records and we all know that he is alive. The next thing that I expect would be Yoongi giving a task to Jung kook... to eliminate Jimin... again."

"Yeah, I see why's that." Taehyung muttered, tapping his chin. "We need to keep our guard up when we head out."

"Agreed. "

"We need to get rid of as soon as possible. " Taehyung said. "The problem is... Jimin only targets Jung kook."

"We can't take any chances, Sir." Wonwoo replied." You know how shady figures act, they would go for the kill to whoever, whenever they desire."

"Yes, yes. " Taehyung nodded. "We will discuss this further once Jinyoung arrives."