CHAPTER 26

JUNG KOOK P.O.V

It must be a coincidence

THE Park Jimin?

" it can't be him, he looks so different! Where is it eye smile I once knew?!"

I shook my head in confusion as I kept in staring at the picture in the thin sheet of paper. The white paper looked demented, not like its color which signified purity. I took out the gun from the gaze and ripped out the plastic bag containing the bullets and loaded the extras into the cartilages. I just had the feeling that I need to more of them. I loaded them until it was full. The shiny bronze glinted under the low lighting and it had a weird sensation to me.

Was it because I did not hold it for quite some time?

I set it down and looked outside, it was getting dark out. I thought it dinner and how Taehyung would react after he realizes that I was gone. My stomach growled in the empty room, I was embarrassed to the core and I quickly gulped.

"Be quiet! " I hissed, hugging my tummy and realizing I looked like a total retard when talking to my stomach. I stood up quickly and rummaged through my bag, finding a black sweater  at the bottom of my bag and tied it around my waist. I packed the necessary item before leaving the room to get food.

I jogged to the dining hall and was welcomed by loud clanking noises and also the aroma of food. The design was amazing, it had a high ceiling with columns of marble lining down the hall. Lights bounced off the polished walls , making it shine.

Many people were eating there, most of them were from my school and they were chattering among themselves. Some girls squealed as they saw me and asked if I could join them for dinner but I turned down their offer.

"Sorry, I have to hurry. Taehyung isn't feeling well and I have to take care of him." I lied, well it was only half true.

The girls frowned and I bowed apologetically and went to get some food for myself and Taehyung. I jogged back out, saying sore and I the group of girls inviting to join them once again. I carried the food which was packed in a styrofoam box and ran back to my room.

"I am back..." I whispered, creaking the door open and slipping into the room quickly. Taehyung was still fast asleep, but his expression was contorted in pain, I hope his injury heals soon.

I set the food I obtained at the table beside the mini sofa and picked out a sandwich to munch on. It was pretty mediocre, but it was pretty filling. I went to pull the covers over Taehyung and he sighed.

"I will be back soon, just eat the food when you wake up." I kissed his forehead and packed my gun inside the guitar case, before heading out.

I ran down the hallway and toward the forest to scan the document once again, I did not want to raise any suspicion that I was just roaming  around for no apparent reason. The moon was already up in the sky, the moon beams gave the clouds a silver highlight. I looked at it, trying to take in the beauty , but instead, I looked away in pure disgust.

I sat down next to a tall tree at the entrance of the dead forest, plopping down onto a soft patch of leaves and slipping off the guitar case. I took out the document from my pocket, which was folded and crumpled, but still readable nonetheless. I scanned it again, Jimin's cheerful face kept on emerging into my mind.

I tested my eyes away from the picture and leaned against the tree trunk, blinking away tears.

Jimin, I missed you.

I really do.

I sighed and hit my head against the rough bark, hot pain shot through my head, burning my skull and brain. My vision shifted and my head was feeling numb.

I regretted doing that.

I got up and was going to stand up when someone held me down. I looked behind and saw the boy that I loathed smiling at me.

"What do you want, you asshole." I cursed, brushing his hand off my shoulder and stood up, carrying my casing with me.

"I just wanted to play, you know, like always." He replied, his voice sweet and persuasive. I blinked and he disappeared, his speed was incredible and he apprised behind me once again, his mouth at the shell of my ear, breathing on it teasingly.

"Get off me."

"Is this how you address you friend, Jung kookie? Hmm?" He breathed out, nipping at my earlobe and his hand snaking its way to my chest.

"I am not your friend," I replied flatly, wiggling away from his grip and facing him. " If you are going to continue, I might as well kill you."

"Oh? Do it then, I'll witness the true glory of you." He mocked, laughing. "You  can't even kill someone as easy as Kim Taehyung, what makes you think that you can kill me?"

"No one insults Taehyung, you bastard!" I shouted, lunging towards him and kicking him down, however he dodged it perfectly and I tripped forward.

"How about you crash over to my place and we have some fun? You wouldn't mind, am I right?"

"You are wrong!" I shouted back, unlocking my guitar case and taking out my gun, aiming at him. "My objective is to kill you, and not doing dirty deeds with you."

"But you have a great body, who wouldn't want to have you?" He teased, pointing at me with a sinful smirk and amused glint in his dark eyes. He ruffled his colored hair and laughed once again. "You take everything so seriously, loosen up Jung kook."

"Get away from me, DON'T EVER COME CLOSE TO MY FRIENDS YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" I shouted, balling up my fists. I was seething with anger, I could also imagine myself having smoke coming out fo my ears.

But that was too comical for my own liking.

"Of course, you won't kill me, though?  " He asked, smiling at me. His hands at his back, he looked as if identical like Jimin, the Park Jimin. He was rocking back and forth on his heels, just like how Jimin would when he tries to talk to me in a playful and cheerful manner.

"I...Won't , but I can still injure you, can't I ?" I smirked, pointing the gun at his thigh and pulling the trigger. The bullet was speeding towards him like a mad demon, I smiled as it hears a cry on agony that broke the silence in the air.

"Gah!"

"No, stop bothering me, or I will actually kill you." I threatened.

"You are the one who killed me, Jung koo." He rasped. " Don't you still remember?"

No... it can't be

He is not you...

HE DIED.

You are lying to me!

My eyes widened in shock and I dropped onto the sand. My hands were shaking, my heart was beating against my chest, it was having a slow walk and now it had turned into a 100 meter dash.

"You can't be Park Jimin, he died years ago! I saw him die in my hands!" I screamed.

"Believe me , it hurts." He replied, trying to stand up. " But it's me, it is really me, Jung kook."

I covered my ears. " NO! STOP ! THIS ISN'T YOU!"

Tears were pouring out of my eyes as I spoke, Jimin was alive all along?! He could have helped me and yet he chose to stay away? What was going on?!

I could feel my heart getting broke apart again, it was painstakingly put back together by Taehyung and now... Jimin?

"This is me! I wanted to find you! But I just...couldn't."

"You liar! You better stop doing that ! I've suffered enough!" I screamed a him. "Go away from me !"