CHAPTER 6

KIM TAEHYUNG P.O.V

The school was great . Just great .

The girls were swooning over me as I was introduced in class by our homeroom teacher . I didn't get a tour around the school as the Class president wasn't in school that day .

And just to make matters worse , I sit beside the Class president who was said to be good looking , good attitude and good grades .

Good looking ?Yes .

Good attitude and grades ? Not so sure , I will find out the next day or something . I sighed as the teacher began rambling odd her list of activities , quizzes, and examinations down the road . Apparently, there was an Autumn Festival coming up in two weeks time and everyone was really hyped about that . The majority of the class cheered and some groaned .

I just took down the dates in my planner and highlighted some important events such as quizzes and examination dates . My planner was littered with scribbles of dates from previous meetings and tiny notes from talks I attended before . I sighed as my handwriting was horrendous , the words were barely legible. I rolled my eyes at the messy scribbles and flipped to the next date which was the happening of the Autumn Festival . I quickly jotted down the event , writing down the details the teacher gave . The bell signaled for the next class which was Mathematics.

The homeroom teacher left for her next class and we were given a small break before the next class . I was going to ask Hoseok for the homework I need to catch up on but before I could even get up from my seat , four girls crowded around my table . Their eyes were gleaming in awe as they stared at me , I raised my eyebrow at them as they continued staring at me , not realizing that I was feeling rather uncomfortable .

"Oppa ! " One of them with brown hair spoke up , she leaned closer to me and I moved backward . I was trying to keep a distance away from her as I could hear growls from the males in our class . " I can tutor you if you want ..."

"No thanks , " I turned down her offer , making her frown a little . The rest also did the same , making me feel guilty . " I can catch up on my own . "

I got up from my seat and walked towards Hoseok who was talking to another male with red hair sleek up with hair spray . They were laughing about something and the other male smiled as he took notice of me coming over .

"Hey , Hoseok. Could you tell me what I missed ?" I asked , nudging him on the shoulder . The brunette turned around and scooped up his bag from the floor , he rummaged through his bag and pulled out a blue notebook filled with tabs and folded pages .

"Here , my notebook . Refer to it . Return it to me next week !" He said , handing it to me . He flashed my a toothy smile and went back talking to the red head .

"Hey, Taehyung ." The redhead exclaimed , motioning me to join in the conversation .

"That's Mark Tuan ." Hoseok introduced . Mark rested his chin on his palm and waved at me . His eyes sparkled as he studied me , his expression was in awe , shock and admiration .

"You are really the son of the famous entrepreneur ?!" He exclaimed once again . I smiled sheepishly and nodded in reply .

"Woahhhhhh..."

I laughed and went back to my sets and opened Hoseok's notes . I immediately felt that I was being a snob as his words were tidy and the paper was clean and crisp . I sighed as I skimmed through the thick pile of notes he had written before .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TIME SKIP ~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the end of school and the students streamed out of the classroom and towards the foyer . I was stopped multiple times by the girls in our year and I rejected them by giving them a small shrug and smiling apologetically .

I walked back home , hands gripping onto my phone as I dragged my feet home . The last lesson which was physical education really did a toll on my legs . I raced Hoseok and Mark whilst running for the sheer fun of it. We said our goodbyes to one another as the last bell of the day rang . We gathered our things and headed out , the rest of the students went to change in the showers but I would rather get back home quickly .

That boy must be still sleeping . I thought .

I avoided the screaming girls and the giggles erupted from them as I brushed past them , heading towards the foyer . I took out the thick scarf and my school blazer from my bag and wrapped it around me , it was so long that it covered up my nose .

I strode out of school , the cold wind made my eyes water and my body shivered . I exhaled and a small white cloud escaped from my lips . I quickened my pace and finally reached my house . I unlocked the door .

"I AM HOME~" I sang ,cringing at my sudden outburst .

JUNG KOOK P.O.V

I did not bother to call Hoseok or other students for help in homework assignments . I just went to my living room and crashed on the couch , burying my face in my hands .

I threw my gun back into my case and heard a disturbing snap . I screamed into my hands as the disturbing memories i had with my father came up . The memories were old , but still , it was fresh in my mind . They were nightmares that accumulated space in my brain , something that I did not wanted .

" You stupid child ! "

"Don't you understand that we are having problems?! And here you are , coming home late !"

"D-dad , I-I am s-sorry . We just had a project to do ."

"As if !"

He extended his hand and slapped me on my cheek again . I felt the stinging hot pain on my face as tears streamed down my swollen face , I did not know why my father would treat me like that but it happened for a long time already .

His constant abuse was nothing to me as he did it almost every single day as my mother was in the hospital , most probably on her death bed .

I had no comfort at all at that time , it was just , school , beatings , homework, sleep . Wash and repeat .Occasionally , I would crash over at Hoseok's place to hide from my father . He was my best friend at that time . The only person who understood my situation fully . The only person who I trusted the most .

Even though I could evade his beatings for a few times , I could not hide from him forever . He would always demand for me and I could not disoeby his orders or he could find me . News of my mother's death soon reached both me and my dad . I had no other choice but to break down , my heart shattering at that very moment when the news reached my ears .

I could feel it , shattering into millions of pieces , scattering onto the ground . I could sense someone stepping on my already shattered heart and stomping on it over and over again .

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ?! YOU KILLED YOUR MOTHER ! " my dad screamed , grabbing me by the collar and lifting me up from the floor .

"It's not me ..." I whispered , tearing up . I looked up at him , my vision was unfocused .

"YOU LIAR ! IT IS YOU ! YOU MADE HER SICK ! " he insited , punching me at the jaw and sent me sprawling onto the ground . He took a wine bottle out of nowhere and hit me on the head , the brown colored bottle cracked . I swallowed and braced for impact . I wrapped my head with my arms and pulled my knees to my chest ."Don't do it ..." I begged .

He brought the vottle down to my head and I saw glass flew everywhere , I could feel blood running down my head . The red liquid staining my hand and my tee .

I did not feel anything , I did not feel pain . I did not feel my eyes watering up from the pain. I just felt ... nothing in particular .

No pain .

No feelings .

Just an empty shell .

I am a killing machine .

And no one can stop me from getting revenge on my father who caused me to act like this.