CHAPTER 37

"What are you sorry for?" Jackson asked.

"I-I a-am a b-burden aren't I? I should just die in that lake... y-you shouldn't have saved me...". Jung kook stuttered, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"No, you are not." Jackson said firmly, bringing Jung kook to his feet. He crouched down and picked up the books from the ground. The younger offered to carry some, but the other boy refused.

They went to class, not talking as Jackson did not not feel like striking up a lively conversation out of nowhere. He felt that Jung kook, being the quiet and mysterious boy, was hiding too much from everybody. The younger male unlocked the classroom door with his thumbprint and the system clicked, the door swinging open.

The both of them went in and Jackson set the book next to Jung kook's table as quiet male slumped onto the table. He buried his head in his arms as he sobbed, trying to forget his misery.

Jackson took off his school blazer and place it on top of Jung kook, warming up the younger a little. Jung kook pulled the blazer up to his shoulder, hiding underneath it , hoping that the others who came into class wouldn't see his crying.

"Morning!" Someone announced cheerily, the voice belonged to Hoseok, the awfully happy voice which made Jung kook flinch. He hugged his arms and prayed that Hoseok would assume that he was just taking a power nap before class starts.

But no, things never went his way.

The awfully cheerful Hoseok went up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Jung kookie, are you okay?"

Someone else came to my table, He could hear it approaching. Jung kook did not move an inch, as if he was frozen in that position and tried to stabilize his breathing, it became increasingly hard as the person came towards him and curled his fingers in Jackson's blazer.

He was going to pull it right off.

Jung kook would be in trouble.

The troubled male sick from anxiety and the blazer was off, shining some light into his eyes.

"Are you crying? "Hoseok asked, leaning down to check on the younger. "Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Jung kook?" Someone called my name again. He did not peek up from his arms, he just did not have the strength to and also, just did not bother conversing with others then. "Answer me! Don't scare me like that!"

"I don't feel well, that's all. " the younger muttered, his voice slightly muffled as he talked into the sleeve of his school blazer. "The blazer belongs to Jackson , I don't want it anymore."

"Oh... okay..."

"Class is starting in..." Jung kook shifted to glance at the clock, his eyes scanning the bold numbers. "In 30 minutes. Read something, the teacher wouldn't be please to see you fooling around in class."

He suppressed down the misery and tried to act normal as he could hear footsteps and chattering of other students from outside. Soon they would enter the class and ask him if he was feeling alright if he was crying.

Jung kook picked out his chemistry textbook and began reading, borrowing a pencil from Jackson who gave him a pitiful look, something that Jung kook hated. He sat back down and busied himself by studying, blacking himself from the outside world.

Some girls have little gifts for him but he not did not really respond, just nodding his head and muttering a soft "thanks" once in a while. He was feeling better? There weren't any disturbance of sorts that would make him break on the spot.