CHAPTER 47

47 is such an ugly number. And yet the number parts this book has is 50. This so frustrating. ARGH
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did he say?

Jung kook turned around rigidly, as if his joints became rusty and need some oiling. He came face to face with Chanyeol, the red haired giant towering over Jung kook.

"What did you say?" Jung kook whispered,clenching his fists. "Repeat that. I dare you."

"I said 'Wonwoo's injury was because of you, Jeon Jung kook' ." The red head repeated, his voice hardening. "He was a respectable man! He cared for you and the only thing you did to him is injure him."

"Park Chanyeol, you don't understand anything." Jung kook replied in a calm voice. "Were you there? Were you there when the gun shot happened?"

"I am not at the scene. But I am telling you Wonwoo tried to protec-" Chanyeol was cut off by a harsh punch at his chest.

Chanyeol held his chest and balled up his fists. Jinyoung held Jung kook back, gripping onto the younger's shoulders, Baekhyun came too, blocking Chanyeol with his small frame.

"Stop fighting! This is household is chaotic enough. I don't want you to create anymore trouble!" Baekhyun pleaded.

Jung kook sighed and unclenched his hands. He whispered something in Jinyoung's ear which made his eyes widen in shock and his hand tremble.

"You can't do that! That is plain suicide!"

"I have nothing else but to do that. Tell Taehyung that... I... I have to go..." Jung kook said.

"Jeon Jung kook! I swear to god-"Chanyeol started off.

"If you are not at the scene, you have no say to this matter at all." Jung kook warned. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go."

Jung kook turned and stomped towards the door, and slammed it shut until the show from the roof dropped onto his shoulders. The snow instantly melts and the water seeped to Jung kook's skin causing his shudder. He did not have any money for a cab and decided to run his way there.

His feet crunched against the snow and he eyed the tall building down the junction. Standing proudly and looking down ( quite literally ) to the smaller buildings below. Jung kook bumped into numerous people who almost spilled their scalding coffee onto Jung kook and some almost lost their marbles.

"Sorry."

"Excuse me."

"Please let me through, thanks."

Jung kook muttering that to the Poole who blocked his pathway. He could already see the building ahead, the glass reflecting the sun light, making a glint that would blind anyone if they stared at it for long. Jung kook's legs were giving out, he wasn't trained to sprint long distances. He pushed himself forward to gain more speed and charged towards the entrance. When he got to the zebra crossing, he was panting like a mad man, gasping for the cold air. His theist and lungs were burning and he could feel his heartbeat in his head.

"Oh god..." Jung kook panted. He straightened himself and crossed the road, and reached the engrave of the office building. He wasted no time and slipped in, tiding up his hair and clothes to blend in with the workers inside. He looked around, hanging his head low as he walked pass a security guard.

He got to the directory and saw "Kim's Office, Level 5" written on the glass board. Jung kook's eyes lit up and he scouted towards the emergency exit, going into the stairs quietly. When he closed the door, darkness immediately surrounding him and he was reminded of the misfortune he had caused to Wonwoo and Taehyung. Both getting shot. He took in a shaky breath and started to climb the stairs, skipping steps.

Every minute, he would glance up, wondering how much he needs to go before reaching Taehyung's office. He started a slow jog, then a speed walk, and after that was full on running up the stairs. He did not have the patience or opportunity to walk slowly.

"Is this the fifth floor?!" Jung kook grumbled, glancing at the wall and saw a blue colored "5" painted on it. He got to the door and pulled it open, not caring if that triggered some sort of alarm system, he just needed to get to Taehyung as fast as he could. He stepped out of the stairwell and onto the carpeted floor. The level smelled like any other office, lavender air fresher and the faint smell of printing paper and the overlapping sound of the keyboard .

He started walking down the other bed, trying his best to find Taehyung's office. He kept his head down as colleagues strolled past him, chattering amongst themselves. He was tempted to ask where was Taehyung's office, but he was shy and was scared if they did not recognize him as one of them.

He had to even peek into through the frosted glass and check which one was which. After peeking into those glass panel office for the nth time, he got to the last one, which had oak doors with metal handles painted stereotypically gold. He pushed open the door stealthily, peeking through the gaps and saw a man on a wheel chair in front of him.

"Taehyung, Jung kook has been gone for 3 days, you must file a missing report."

That voice was deep, and it must be Wonwoo.

Wonwoo doesn't hate me?

"Wonwoo, I can't, he would get in trouble and ..."

"Kim Taehyung. He may be hiding for his god damned life!" Wonwoo protested.

Jung kook pushed opened the door and Wonwoo turned his head. Taehyung's eyes grew as big as saucers. Jung kook immediately closed the door and locked it from the inside. He heard a clock and pushed past Taehyung and Wonwoo, throwing open the emergency exit. He turned around and look at Taehyung and Wonwoo, they were all confused to what's going on with the younger.

"Why are locking and opening doors?" Wonwoo asked.

"Where did you come from?" Taehyung asked, going towards the younger and hugging him tightly. "Three days, you were gone for three days. I thought you were..."

"Look, they are chasing me. I came here to get you out of here." Jung kook said, pulling away from Taehyung's embrace. "You need to leave, now!"

"What?" Taehyung said. "What do mean? I just got you b-back! I cannot afford loosing you again! It-it's painful." Taehyung reasoned.

"I am sorry, they are going to arrive any moment! They are going hold you mad hostage to lure me out! I want you to get out of here."

"Jung kook, we can't leave you-" Wonwoo had been cut off with a loud smash. Jung kook let's Taehyung go and went to the window, pressing his face against the glass and saw Jimin infiltrating the building.

"You have to go. NOW."

The two did not move.

"NOW! HE IS HERE!"

"Jung kook please..."

"I will be back... please... leave and be safe... do it for me..."

Taehyung got the Wonwoo and helped if to the exit. Jung kook slammed the door shut and leaned against it, trying to hold back the urge to run down and be with them. But he couldn't, he need to lead Jimin away from the rest and possibly die when doing so.

At any rate, he must get rid of Jimin.

He saw the silhouette coming closer and Jung kook got to his feet. And got a heavy paperweight from the wooden table. It was hardened glass with a engraved symbol of the office logo, a "K" with three circles behind it. The papers underneath it was strewn all over the ground, scattering all over the carpeted floor. The boy curled his finger around the paper weight when he heard thumping on the door.

The sound resonating through the room and also sending a spike of terror through Jung kook body.

Aim it at the head.

Then it will be all over.

Aim it at the head, Jung kook.