CHAPTER 16

JUNG KOOK P.O.V

I felt strange in my heart as if there was missing down thing and yet I couldn't point out what was bothering me.

It was sticking out like a sore thumb and it was beginning to annoy me to the core. I limped back home , unable to walk properly due to the aching sensation that shot up to my thigh as I walked. I was forcing myself to bring my leg up and walk, others stared at me as if I had some disability.

I rolled my eyes and bit my tongue to keep on walking forward. After what may have seemed to be a million years, I've reached my porch step, and by the looks of the locked doors and drawn curtains , the house was empty, I hope it was actually is.

I unlocked the door and opened it slowly, a small creak was heard and I peered into the dark room through the tiny opening. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw no one in the room , waiting for me to arrive. I stepped in, only the sounds of my breathing and my walking could be heard.

I rushed back to my room although I knew it was empty, but it was a reflex already, years of practice.

I threw my backs onto the bed and flopped next to it. The cushioning soothed my tensed up muscles and I fished out my phone from my pocket, wanting check what Kim had said. I furrowed my eyebrows as he did not send any, he was strangely quiet and that did not settle well in my stomach.

Was I expecting him to text me?

No...snap out of it.

I am so confused, my body is confused, I just wanted to throw the phone onto the wall and break it. To let it shatter to a million pieces and not care for it afterward.

Then something hit me, at the back of my mind that made me want to scream.

"WE HAVE A DAMNED AUTUMN FAIR!" I shouted into the cold air. "AND I AM WORKING WITH THAT BOY!"

I was basically having a screaming fest that sounded like a goat getting slaughtered or something. I was running out of breath and by the looks of it, also becoming really tired from the day itself. Killings, the freaking out due to drama and also have a sprained ankle. Everything bad must happen if a Friday.

I stared at the blank ceiling, not realizing that my eyelids were drooping and I dozed off, fatigue washing over me completely.

I woke with my phone exploding in text messages, the vibrations shook through my body and I bolted straight up.

"What the heck..." I grumbled, rubbing my eyes and checked my phone to get rid of the spams.

H: WHERE ARE YOU
H: ANSWER MEEEEEEEEE
H: JUNGKOOKIE
H: JEON JUNG KOOK

I did not even bother responding to Hoseok at that time. The sun was bleeding into my room and I hissed at it at kicked at the blankets under me. I swung my legs to ground and pain shot up to my thighs and bit my tongue to prevent myself from screaming.

I got up slowly and made my way to the bathroom to clean myself up. I was going turn in the faucet when the doorbell rang. The shrill shriek of the noise made me jump up in shock and curse loudly in the empty bathroom. I limped down the stairs and went for the door. Whoever was knocking and ringing the doorbell really needed to calm down.

I unlocked the door and swung it open, leaning against the door. I looked up and saw a man dressed in a white tee, ripped jeans and black converse, carrying a large bag pack. It was then I recognized the familiar face and that chocolate brown hair.

"Kim Taehyung. What the frack are you doing here?" I growled, taking a step backward and wanting to close the door. I yawned and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"I'm here to just do the project work for the Autumn Faire." he said, smiling. I clicked up an eyebrow and tidied up my hair, I could see red creeping up his cheeks. He tore his eyes away from me and focused on something else.

I was going to kick him out of my front porch , but when I saw a menacing figure from the corner, my breath hitched at my throat. My eyes widened and I instinctively grabbed Taehyung's head and pulled him inside roughly, earning a surprised yelp from him. I went to the door, the urge to fall asleep was ebbed out of my body completely. I peered through the crack from the door and saw my father marching towards the door. I slammed in shut and locked up the windows and ordered Taehyung to locked the back door at the kitchen. He rushed off and went back after doing so. I could hear his growling and slamming the door against his body as he tried to force it open .

"Go up to the second floor and to my room. Now." I barked, pushing Taehyung slightly. He shook his head frantically and held onto my arm, insisting on staying with me.

"You cants stay with me, Tae. You will get hurt, now go!" I hissed, pushing him to the back of the room. I focused on the door and opened it, my father falling into the ground.

I took a step backward as he got up to his feet. He grabbed my shirt collar and curled it up in his fist. His knuckles pressing against my windpipe, causing me to choke and trap for air.

"You killed Kwang-woo you stupid dipshit." He growled. "Why?!"

I couldn't speak, and only a breathless gasp escaped form my mouth. I grabbed his wrist, pushing it away from my collar to free by windpipe but he dug them back to my neck. I kicked around and struggled for air .

"Why?! Why do I have you as a son?! Pathetic! " he continued.

"Jung kook!" A voice shouted.

No... Not now...

Taehyung... Don't get yourself into this mess...

"Take you filthy hands off him !" He shouted, I heard heavy footsteps my neck was free. I stumbled backwards, only to see the brunette holding a guns be pointing towards my father. His bubbly personality was traded for a cold and menacing one. He was barely recognizable as his eyes were cold and lifeless.

"Get out of here or you will suffer great consequences." He threatened.

"You made a grave mistake boy. Soon you will understand what is it to be like... To love a mad man." My father spat back. Retreating towards the door and running off.

"Idiot." Taehyung spat, lowering the gun and turned to face me. He dropped it to the ground and cupped my face. He tilted his head from side to side and examined me with concerned in his eyes. "You neck is bruised all over..." He muttered.

"I am fine, Tae." I mumbled, pushing his hand away. "You don't need to worry about me."

"You are definitely not okay and you need help." He insisted , grabbing my hand and dragged me to my room upstairs. He pulled out a huge suitcase under my bed and began throwing things into it.

"H-hey! What the heck do you think you are doing ?!" I shouted, stomping towards him.

"Your dad victimizes you and you will be staying with me until this is sorted out." He explained, slamming the suitcase shut and pulled out another smaller one under the bed. He piled it on top of the big one.

"I can't stay with you!" I protested as he placed books inside the suitcase and my school uniforms. He smiled as the mass amount of books fitted perfectly into the tiny case.

"Get your bags and I'll meet you at my house." He ordered, bringing the two gigantic cases out of my room. I sighed and slumped down onto my bed, covering my face with my hands. I sobbed into it, another encounter with my father and he almost killed me.

And yet Taehyung saved me without thinking twice.

He did not treat me like an enemy at all. My mind was confused whether or not if I should thank him it not. My heart was confused as I did not know...

If I like him or not.