CHAPTER 19

JUNG KOOK P.O.V

I flopped into the soft bed below me, the warm covers instantly giving me a homey feeling and I sighed contentedly. Closing my eyes as I enjoyed the coziness and hospitality Taehyung and Wonwoo gave me.

Until the bloody scene flashed through my mind as fast as light but I still remembered that vivid memory of mine. The day where my heart was shattered, repeatedly stomped on and also threw into a garbage. I still could feel the shards getting glued together slowly, one small move and my heart would break again.

~~~~~~FLASH BACK~~~~~~

"Jimin! Get out of they way !" I shouted through the cold wind of the rooftop. The chilly wind of the night blew towards us, pushing the both of us towards the ledge of the roof. Jimin stood in front of me , his hair brushed to the side from the strong wind.

"You can't kill theses innocent civilians!" He shouted back. His voice was drained out by the strong wind. " What has he done to you?!"

"You don't understand !" I hollered, but it was like speaking through a wind tunnel. I tried signaling to him to get out of the way but to no avail, he was protecting a teenager like us.

The teenager may look terrified and cower behind my friend, but under that mask lies a boy who tortures "low-class citizens" just for the sheer fun of it. It makes me extremely mad just thinking about it. I wanted him dead already, but I could not make my move as Jimin was blocking the way , arms fanning over the victim. It was impossible to kill my target when my lover was in front of him.

I was not capable of pulling the trigger as he was moving around , trying to delay my shots. Jimin wore a determined expression , trying to change me for the better and turn myself in .

"GET OUT OF THE WAY , PARK JIMIN!!" I shouted, aiming the gun at the side, it got Jimin's attention. It had a clean shot at me and the boy. I pulled the trigger and the sound of the bullet slicing through the air was heard, I smiled as I thought I have succeeded in my mission.

A body drop to the ground and I was going to drag Jimin away from the scene before the cops showed up. My eyes widened and I felt a golf ball stuck in my throat . My heart drumming against my ribcage. The body on the floor was ... was ...

Was Park Jimin.

He clutched the wound at his stomach in great agony as he fell hard to the ground. He apparently flung himself towards the teen. He tried saving the teenager which I was ordered to eliminate. Jimin groaned as blood gushed out of his gut, staining his white school uniform. The pool of blood was bright red even though under dark lighting. I gasped and threw my gun onto the ground, breaking it into two parts. I went to Jimin, holding him by the head as I muttered curses. Tears pooled in my eyes, blurring my vision as I heard Jimin's ragged breathing and inaudible whispers.

"WHY DID YOU PROTECT HIM ?!" I demanded as tears streamed down my cheeks as I did. I could not control my emotions and started to cry out loud. I felt a bloody hand reaching fro my cheek and it slipped , dropping onto Jimin's stomach as he laid there, unconscious.

Dead.

"YOU BASTARD ! DIE WILL YOU ?!" I shouted as tears pooled in my eyes once again. I stood up after setting Jimin on the ground gently. I shot a death glare at the teen who was laughing maniacally .

"HAHAHA! You stupid git ! You do know you just killed your own friend! How idiotic can you get ?!" He sneered.

I lunged at him, attacking his neck and wanting to crush his windpipe. I squeezed his neck and we fell to the ground, him thrashing around and kicking my leg and stomach.

"DIE ! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WHO KILLED HIM !" I repeated. He Gagged and clawed at his throat, his face turned blue .

"K-Killer! Show the world-w-what y-you a-a-re.." He choked out.

"Killer ? You are the one ..."

~~~~~END OF FLASH BACK~~~~~

I sighed heavily, staring up at the empty ceiling up above. I closed my eyes and was trying to relax my nerves when I felt something hovering above me. Immediately, my defense instincts kicked in and I opened my eyes, grabbing the stranger's shirt .

"Woah, woah..." he said, hands up in the air in mock surrender. I let go when my eyes fixed on the latter.

"Why do you like scaring me like that?" I huffed, letting go of his shirt collar. He climbed onto the bed and used his arms as support as he hovered above my body, grinning like a total idiot. He hair was dripping wet, assuming he took a showering, I lifted up my hands and ruffled his wet hair. Water droplets dripping to my face.

"You did not dry your hair."

"And you did not take a shower for two days. You stink." He joked, scrunching up his nose jokingly. He leaned down , his brown orbs staring into mine, I saw a form of curiosity and empowerment, the keen eyes of a cunning fox. Taehyung was like a smart animal, ready to pounce and ready to deceive anyone that cross his path. He clambered off me, smilin as he threw a fresh pair of sweat pants and t-shirt for me to change. I hurried to the bathroom, and took a quick shower, raising an eyebrow as I saw expensive shampoo for some reason, it smelled like roses and coconut , a weird mixture if you asked me .

I pursed my lips and shampooed my hair quickly, washed the bubbles off and went for the towel but it wasn't there.

"Where's the towel ??" I asked out loud, drawing back the curtains and saw no white piece of cloth.

"Jung kookie, I have forgotten to g-"Taehyung entered the toilet without knocking. He did not finish his sentence as when he turned , he used the towel to cover up his eyes and he squealed into it loudly. "WHAT THE HELL!"

"TAEHYUNG YOU SHOULD KNOCK!" I shouted back, embarrassed and drawing back the curtains. With his trembling arms, he reached into the bath again and passed me the towel, I snatched it and mumbled a soft 'thanks'. He ran out of the bathroom , squealing again.

"SORRY!"

I dried myself and slipped into the fresh set of clothes. I looked at the mirror and saw the clothing slipping down my shoulder, exposing my collar bone and pale neck. I tugged at the shirt , trying to pull it over my stomach. I strode out of the toilet and went towards the dining table .

"Taehyung ! I am done showering !" I announced as he took a sip of his tea, his ears turning scarlet as he saw my oversized shirt. He placed his porcelain teacup down, and it clinked with the matching plate.

"You look great. " He smiled as walked towards me , hands snaking around my waist and pulling close to his chest. " Your hair smell good too." He nuzzled his nose into my charcoal colored hair.

"Rose Coconut?" He asked, his breath ghosting across my ear. I could only meekly nod at him. "Good choice."

"It is the only shampoo you have , dumb dumb." I fired back. " We have things to plan for the Autumn Faire."

"Of course , baby." He replied, chuckling.

"Stop that !"

"But you did not deny you did not like it."