1 - Introduction

Hey everyone! The picture above is Elizabeth. I had a really hard time picking the right actor for her, but this is what I imagined her to look like!

I hope this book will keep you so interested that you won't be able to put it down and you'll be up hours into the night reading it! Please enjoy and comment your thoughts on my story I've worked so hard to write :)

               $$

              I was a month into my senior year of high school.

                Oh how glamorous.
But not really. The first few days were hectic, from trying to find the right outfits to wear, to making myself get up in the mornings.

Truth was, I disliked school.

But doesn't everyone? 

This morning in particular I felt like wearing a cute outfit I just purchased at the mall last weekend. I wasn't that fashionable, but a couple of my good friends helped me pick it out. I took a shower and let my hair dry in soft curls that reached down to my waist. I smiled in the mirror -trying to convince myself how gorgeous I looked. But that was equivalent to trying to convince a Antelope that an alligator was a log.

                         Wasn't going to work.

I sighed and glanced at the pile of homework I stayed up late finishing. I was almost surprised there wasn't bags under my eyes when I woke up. 

A strong ding radiated from my phone, I glanced down and noticed a text from Ben. My heart instantly warmed like hot chocolate or a Butter pecan coffee from Starbucks. I raced outside with a smile on my face because believe it or not, when Ben was around, School suddenly became more bearable.

I was wasn't even in school yet when the Marshals moved next door. It was a cool spring when the deer had babies and the flowers finally bloomed. Of course I don't really remember the moment on my own accord, but my Mom would tell me stories about how we first met.

I was sitting outside playing on the swings, of course I was swinging by myself since Mason wasn't born yet. I was just swinging, dreaming that I was Peter Pan flying through Neverland. I looked across the blank, Hayfield that separated two houses. Mine was dark and gray, while the other house was a light brown - Brown sugar.

A little boy that looked to be my age started walking over. I was startled at first since my parents always told me to beware of strangers. I waited till he stood in front of me when a bright smile ignited on his face. He had a a soft dimple on his right cheek. Benedict Marshall. My best friend.

I trudged down the long wooden stairs that lead to my driveway, there Ben sat in the driveway in his black mustang. I was kind of jealous when his grandparents bought it for him, but I've gotten used to it. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a red jeep I only use to go shopping, or when Ben decides to skip school.

"Morning Libs" Ben said as I climbed in the passenger side. "Why are you dressed up on a Monday? Isn't that a Thursday thing?" He questioned as he glanced at my outfit.

I usually dressed up on Thursday's because of volleyball games, similarity how Ben dressed nice on Fridays because of Football. It was routine, and I'm almost surprised Ben noticed the difference.