17; This is where I want to be

Hey everyone! Please enjoy this chapter, it was one of the funnier and exciting ones to write! If you can, please leave comments or you can message me with feedback. Either one would mean so much to me :)

Also, Ben is a god.

___________________________

The rest of the week went by fast with late nights and everyday problems. On Thursday I hung out with Colton again, which resulted in another make out session. Which made me wonder what we were.  He hadn't asked me out at all, but was it so wrong of me to think of us like that? I never confronted him about my game later during the week, simply because I wasn't going to be nosy. Sure, I could wonder and make ideas, but I wasn't going to ruin my chances by asking too many questions. Besides, it probably isn't a big deal either way.

It was Friday afternoon, which once again meant football and French fries from the concession stand. I would like to say that it was perfect football weather, but actually- it was quite the exact opposite.

It was raining.

As I parked my car in the parking lot, Jenna and I trudged into the stadium carrying a pineapple umbrella. 

Ben had got it for me on my 10th birthday, only because I liked pineapples for some reason and I had gone through that weird stage where I had pineapple earrings and pineapple everything. I was such a mess back then, but the umbrella was still in perfect shape even when it's been almost 7years since.

Even when I had a umbrella, I also wore my raincoat because it looked cute, and I had to take advantage of the rain somehow.  We sat down on the bleachers next to a few of the people who decided to stick it out and watch the game even with the terrible weather. 

We were winning, and I thought it was rolling perfectly, it was a tie with multiple slip ups and the mucky field. Towards the end of the 4th quarter, Ben's uniform was a dark shade of brown, long forgetting the whiteness.  

The score was 40-38

We were losing.

And the timer ran out.

I frowned because the frustration out on the field with our players was visible. And when the game finally ended, Ben only reluctantly gave me a hug, but honestly- he was beyond pissed. 

I went back to his house that evening, the clock read 10:00 when he opened the door to his bed room.

         "Ben, won't you just calm down a little bit? You guys only lost by 2 points" I said, somehow trying to make things better. Ben ignored me before throwing his duffle bag on the ground and stripping off his shirt - almost instantly and quite smoothly. He threw the shirt in the laundry basket before grabbing a towel and kicking off his shoes.

            "I'm taking a shower, you can just grab anything you want to change into" He said simply before stalking off towards the bathroom down the hall. I sighed and plopped down on his bed in the middle of the room.  The rain started coming down harder now, to the point I could barely see my house out the window. I grabbed his hoodie from the closet and threw it on, skillfully taking off my bra and throwing it to the side. Every girl knows that sleeping in a bra is definitely the most uncomfortable thing you can do. I put on some sweatpants as well, an old pair that Ben never wore, and then I threw my hair up in a bun - a very messy one.

I sighed and plopped down on the bed again, turning on his tv and started watching criminal minds. The rain eventually grew so powerful to the point I didn't hear Ben walk in.