13. Who knew a monday night could be this awkward

Omg sorry everyone. I haven't updated in legit forever. But please stay awhile and enjoy this chapter :)

_____________________

When I got home later that evening I threw myself on my bed. I was completely exhausted from volleyball practice and my shirt smelled like I went swimming in sweat. But somehow, I had no motivation to get up and hop in the shower. That is until I got a text from Ben - saying that he was coming over for some macaroni and cheese. I groaned and forced myself off my bed and into the shower - I think I spent a lot longer than what I originally do in there, because when I got out Ben was laying on my bed.

      "You've been in there exactly 37 minutes" He said. I rolled my eyes and started drying off my hair, my pajamas were already on which were some fluffy baby pink pants and a old volleyball t-shirt. 

     "It's not my fault I was completely exhausted from practice today" I said. I laughed and took a seat on my bed. Ben laughed.

    "You're exhausted? Please" Ben replied while laughing even more. Okay, he's got a point. Football did way more work than volleyball ever did, in fact, there were some nights when Ben went to bed as soon as he got home from pure exhaustion.

    "Okay, you've got a point. But still" I said while giving him a humorous glare.  "So, out of curiosity - Do you still have a crush on Chelsey?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows at his annoyed expression.

"First off, Girls have crushes, not guys. And no, I don't like her anymore" Ben said annoyingly. Okay great, that was helpful.

"Why?" I asked curiously. Ben looked at me and set his phone down, and for a moment I thought he was going to give me a heartfelt answer.

"I don't know" He simply said. I glared a direct glare because he had to at least know why. What was wrong with his lack of details?!

"That's bull crap." I said while letting out a fake chuckle.

"Maybe I don't like her anymore because her butt isn't as big as Kim Kardashian"

"Oh please, nobody has a butt bigger than hers" I coughed. Jeez, why is it that Butts and boobs are the only thing guys noticed? I don't understand.

"I don't know, Colton seems to think your butt is 'more beautiful than a sunset'" and bigger than Kim Kardashians" Ben exaggerated. I looked at him, confused and very very confused.

"What?" I asked. My eyebrow shot up in questionable manner.

"Yeah. Him and the guys were talking about it at practice today, quite frequently if you ask me" Ben said while continuing to look at his phone. Meanwhile, my brain was buzzing like crazy. Was this a good thing? A part of me wanted to believe that it was, but at the same time I couldn't help but wonder if Colton was just like all the other football players (besides Ben). Cheerleader crazy and a meathead.

"Okay.....well.. I" I started, but I couldn't find the words to say. I mean, what was I supposed to say? To find out that Colton was talking about my butt to all of the football players gave me mixed emotions. Very mixed emotions. But I soon decided to follow through with my original plan to get Layla and Ben together.

"So..... Layla likes you" I blurted out. I knew there was no use in beating around the bush here, because Ben was completely clueless about when a girl likes him. All he knew was he was considered hot to the female species, but anything beyond that was a mystery to him.

"Who's Layla?" He asked. I cringed.

Great.

"Um.. she's one of my friends that comes over. She has straight dirty blonde hair, she wears glasses sometimes" I said, trying my best to get him to remember her. Ben seemed clueless, until I was done talking. A hint of remembrance flashed.