10. Chicken nuggets are my favorite food

I haven't updated in so long! But you guys are probably okay with that. Spring break is freaking tomorrow and I'm so so pumped that I'll probably end up writing so much since I can stay up late into the hours of the night. Heck yes

______________________

As soon as I walked through the door with a teared shirt still attached to my body, my mom pinned me against the wall with her eyes.

"I just bought you that shirt" My mom sighed and rolled her eyes as she continued to make a grilled cheese sandwich .

"I know, but -" I started.

"No buts, you're grounded" She said definitely. I sighed and came to the conclusion that there was nothing I could do to change her mind. Strict parents really do suck.

"Um, Mrs Myers, I'm the one that chased her into a thorn bush on accident." Ben said. My mom looked at him and smiled generously while seeming to forget everything else.

  "Oh, well if that's the case then that's okay. Ben always was the good kid between you two" Mom exclaimed while shooing me upstairs. I rolled my eyes so hard that I feel like I sprained one of my eye-rolling muscles. If anything, I was the good child between us, definitely not Ben.  As soon as we cleared the ear-range of my mom we broke into conversation.

        "You sure have got my mom fooled" I exclaimed while flopping down on my bed in exhaustion. Ben chuckled and found his spot on the blue beanbag. He closed his eyes to rest while I sat on my phone like I did for numerous amount of hours each day. I was just about to shut it off in hopes of taking a short nap when a text buzzed on the screen of my phone.

Colton: Are you free tomorrow?

I jumped up from the position on my bed and belly-flopped on the beanbag besides Ben -who was seemingly fast asleep. 

Me: Yep :)

I added in the smiley face for good measure, in hopes that would show my interest.  He shortly texted back while my excited self was mentally catapulting into the land where all dreams come true.

   Colton: How would you like to go out to eat?I'll pick you up at 6?

I squealed and shook Ben awake from his deep slumber. Ben was in-between a heavy sleeper and a light sleeper, so that means it didn't take a lot to wake him up, but it had to be more than a tap on the shoulder.

   "What?" He growled while slowly rubbing his eyes and sitting up. He still looked exhausted but that didn't stop me from telling him the news.

"Look! Look!" I yelled while shoving the screen of my phone in his face. Ben squinted his eyes to see, but the phone brightness was too bright for him to look too long.

  "Okay cool" He said. I smiled and instantly texted Colton back with excitement stopping my fingers from functioning.

Me: Okay I would love too! See you then :)

"Yes! I'm going on a date with Colton tomorrow! What should I wear!!?" I yelled at Ben's drowsy figure. He looked up at me with a questioned expression on his face.

"Who?" He questioned. I cringed, oh crap. Why did I even tell him?

"Colton" I said with clenched teeth. Ben nodded but surprisingly he didn't seem mad or frustrated.  He just seemed.....annoyed that I refused to share His hate for Colton.

"Okay, well you definitely shouldn't wear that" Ben said while glancing at the black dress I held in my hands. I looked at it and raised my eyebrows.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because it shows to much. Why don't you wear that one turtleneck sweater dress you have, or whatever" Ben said while looking at his phone rather than my intense glare.

"It's September!! Not December" I said while laying the black dress on my bed. This was what I was gonna wear, either Ben liked it or not.  Ben didn't seem interested anymore as he continued to eat some of the candy from my candy stash.

"You know, you're not much help" I said while crossing my arms.

"Yeah, well maybe that's because you're trying to hook up with the biggest asshole ever" Ben said honestly. I rolled my eyes because I knew he would react like this, I knew that he would be frustrated.

                  "Well I don't like Reagan but you still hook-up with her!" I exclaimed. Ben set his phone down and looked at me, he showed absolutely no emotion.

            "I was drunk" Ben said as if that would justify him kissing her face off.

                "That doesn't mean anything. I can take care of myself and maybe he has changed, maybe he isn't as bad as you think he is" I said while taking a seat on the bed. I looked at him as I desperately hoped that Ben would understand my side of the situation.

           "He's still the same bastard I've always hated" Ben said, but this time he didn't sound as forceful. He looked at me and gave an apologetic sigh. "But just know if he hurts you, I'll hurt him" I knew Ben had given in, and at least now I knew he wouldn't be mad if I went on that date with Colton.

          "Thanks Ben" I said with a smile.

"Yeah, whatever. You know what I'm kind of in the mood for?" Ben asked informally. He smirked and popped a Reese cup in his mouth.

  "Let me guess, Mac and cheese?"  I asked with a sigh.

"Nope. I kind of want chicken nuggets" Ben smiled proudly while I jumped up with happiness. Ben slid off the bean bag and took off down the stairs faster than I ever could. I sprinted after him, yelling and screaming as he went for the freezer and brought out a frozen bag of 50 chicken nuggets.  He poured them on the tray and threw them in the oven while I was more happy then ever.

Chicken nuggets were my favorite food ever. 

      "What do you want to watch?" Ben asked while clicking through the channels.

"One tree hill!!!!!" I screamed. That show was my absolute favorite, maybe a tiny bit more than Criminal minds. Unfortunately I only got Ben to watch it with me once, before he realized how girly and soap opera it was.

"No way. I'd rather jump off a bridge" He said.

"Oh come on! Remember when you told me that Brooke looked hot?" I asked.

   "Okay, I only said that because you wanted me too " Ben said. The only reason he knew so much about the show was because I would talk about it non-stop, especially when something intense was happening - which was pretty much all the time.

       "Okay okay, but just tell me who your favorite character is!" I yelled excitedly.

             "Eh, I guess Brooke" He said with a shrug. I smiled.

     "So we can watch it?" I asked happily. Ben glanced at me, a wavering smile on his face.

"No" He said and clicked the button of the remote to display a football game. I groaned and made my self comfortable on the couch. Ben sat down besides me and we sat like that, watching the football game between two teams we could care less about. Often times Ben would make comments about a certain players abilities, and he would pick out the teams weaknesses and strengths. Eventually we ended up making a bet on who would win. The timer for the oven went off which signaled the chicken nuggets being done.

Ben got up and got them, along with a bottle of ranch dressing and two glasses milk. He resumed his position on the couch and set the tray in front of us with a smile.

"25 each?" He asked. I nodded and dug in, hoping that Ethan wouldn't come down and ask for food. Luckily nobody interrupted us and we were left alone, eating our chicken nuggets and enjoying a stupid football game. It was perfect, absolutely wonderful and the best part was I couldn't stop thinking about my date tomorrow night with my crush since middle school.