33: Three letter word that ends with x

This chapter may get heated, oops

Hope y'all enjoy :)

I dressed up nicely for dinner, in a sunflower printed dress and flip flops with my hair down in curls. My mom made me, so it's not like I was out to impress anybody special.  Ben's already seen me at my worst, which is runny nose while my hair looked like a rats nest.  He's seen all that.

We arrived at the marshalls and took our seats at the table, while Natalie was working in the kitchen. My mom went and joined her, leaving Ben and I alone. My dad didn't come tonight for reasons I wasn't aware of, but I was okay with that I think. I didn't mind.

     "You look beautiful" Ben said, while he looked me straight in the eyes. I shivered from his intense sexy glare, and looked down at my lap, a small blush creep up on my cheeks.  

     "And you look....hot" I said, struggling to find the right word for how perfect he looked. His hair was neat, except messy still. He shirt was so snug and hot that I could legitimately see his 6-pack. And his jeans were the same way in all the right places, I couldn't help my eyes from wandering.

     "I see you wore a dress? Nice dinner  material"  He said, while he reached his hand down to grab the bottom of my dress.  Slowly and surely he started to ride it up my legs. "I was thinking.." he started, but I grabbed his hand before he could raise the dress too far up.

     "Ben stop." I said, while resting my head in my hands. Goodness. My mind was so conflicted right now. "That's not appropriate dinner behavior" I said strictly. Ben only laughed.

    "Okay okay, you're the boss" he insisted as he pulled his hands back in defeat. I sighed and instantly began thinking about Ben and I and what my mom and his mom would think. Did he plan on telling them at dinner tonight? Earlier on the phone It seemed like they didn't even want to imagine us as a couple, I honestly didn't know what to think about it anymore.

What I did know was Ben couldn't be playing his mind games or try and get me all frizzled up. That wasn't happening, and if he attempted to do anything of the sort he would only get a taste of his own medicine.

I sent a glare in his direction, attempting to give him a hint not to even think about it.

Eventually our moms found their seat at the dinner table. Peyton came running up and sat down across from me while taking a big scoop of mash potatoes and dumping it on her plate. Then Bens dad say down next to Natalie. They looked like a normal, calm couple. But on the inside I knew they were probably still fighting the battle that begun years ago. I admired Mr. Marshall, for staying with someone because he loved his kids that much. Even if that someone hurt him more than imaginable.

He also took a big scoop of mash potatoes and started fixing his hamburger. As did I. The food did look good and I was certainly very excited to begin eating, but unfortunately Ben's mom was more interested in talking about everyone's day. Truthfully I started to worry that she would broadcast what happened this morning all across the dinner room table.

"So sweetie, how are you and your boyfriend doing? Sorry, his name slipped my mind" Natalie said slowly. The room got kind of awkward for me and Ben, maybe it was because I wasn't actually dating Colton now, or because she slept with Colton's dad. Either way, I really didn't want to speak. I wanted to do was eat the mash potatoes.

"Oh Natalie, apparently she broke up with him. Not sure why, she said he was a -" she stopped and then leaned over and whispered the word into Natalie's ear. She chuckled and shook her head with disapproval.

"You must be hanging out with Ben too much. You don't usually cuss" Natalie said with a chuckle. I smiled in her direction but honestly I didn't find it very amusing.