31: Doorstep arguments

As soon as we caused a scene at the beach house, we evacuated it as fast as possible.  I wasn't about to stay there a second longer then I had too.  I went up stairs and packed my stuff in my bag and then left in Ben's car, his anger clearly still visible.  Nobody talked the whole way back home, which resulted in a semi awkward car ride. Not that it was awkward between us, but more because  I could see him steaming with anger.

Once he pulled into his driveway, he stopped the car and put his head in his hands. The clock read 4 o'clock am. I could hear the crickets outside and the frogs croaking in the trees. It all seemed so peaceful, at least when you didn't look at Ben.

You remember how angry Ben gets sometimes. Like the time they lost their football game (multiple times) but I can tell you Colton gets him the most mad.  I wasn't about to let us sit in silence for another second.

      "Ben... please don't be mad" I said hesitantly. He turned his head to look at me, his eyes looked softer now.

      "I can't help it okay? First he insults my parents, acting like nothing's fucked up with what he did. He cheats on you with your fucking girl best friend and he - he mocks me about your freaking gorgeous ass. I can't fucking help my anger Libs so just stop"  Ben exclaimed. I can't explain how frustrated I was getting. It all seemed so silly in a way, but then again, I should be pissed right now. Aubrey cheated with my now ex-boyfriend. And yeah, it hurt like hell.

        "I'm not going to stop until you're not mad. Colton was wrong to have said anything about your parents. And for your information, the Marshall's are way hotter than Briggs. Trust me on that one"  I said while staring at him. Ben shook his head like he didn't believe what I was saying. "And also, you don't have to get so mad about what he said about me." I finished, staring him in the eye.  He looked at me, and then he seemed to get an bright idea. Without saying a word, he turned on the car and started to back out of his driveway, leaving me confused.

     "What are you doing?" I questioned while watching his hands on the steering wheel.

  "We're going to Aubrey's house. That's what we're doing" He said, and I seriously wanted to jump out of the car right then and there. It was 4 in the morning, we couldn't possibly go to her house that early!

      "Ben stop the car now. We aren't going to her house this early in the morning" I said strongly. Ben only chuckled at my forceful voice.

     "Sorry Libs but I'm not stopping this car. She deserves to be set in her place" He said strongly as he watched my reaction. I looked at him disapprovingly, He only smiled.

     "Ben, you can't just punch her in the face like you do everyone else you're mad at"  I said, while sending another glare in his direction.

  "I know, but you can" He said with a bright smile and a small laugh. I couldn't believe what he was telling me. He wanted me to punch her in the face? The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a good idea. I still was hurt that she would do such a thing, but a part of me wanted to believe that what I saw in the video, wasn't actually Aubrey. Maybe it was just someone that looked like her?

But who was I kidding, it was most definitely Aubrey.

I sighed and nodded while getting nervous every second we got closer to her house. It was still dark out and I could hear the frogs and crickets making noises, but for the most part, Ben's soft music played throughout the car.

When we got to her house we pulled in slowly, trying our hardest to avoid making a ton of racket.  He parked the car towards the side of the driveway and looked at me.

"Are you ready?" He asked, and I only could chuckle.

Aubrey's house was like a normal house , probably just a little bit more bigger than mine. It was made of brick and had a neat staircase leading up to the front door. I could tell that everyone was asleep inside, and for a moment I felt bad for interrupting the household.