Jealousy

I am laying on my bed and staring at the clock on my old stereo. North should have been here an hour ago. I don't have a phone or iPod or anything that he could get ahold of me with so if something came up he wouldnt have been able to tell me.

I sigh and get up one last time and check out my window, even though I am always able to tell when he gets here because of the sound of his motorcycle rumbling down the quiet street. When I look outside and don't see the sleek gleam of his bike in the shadows, I walk back to my bed and lay down thinking he forgot.

I remember Katlyn telling me how Jade wanted him, how Jade has more sex appeal and how she always got what she wanted. I shake my head, I was such an idiot thinking he wanted me, thinking that maybe, just maybe someone could want me. Me! Plain old Sang.

Jade had gorgeous exotic looking features while I only have a heart shaped face and button nose, Jade who is tall and long legged while I am short, with the legs of a corgi dog. I'm not on the cheerleading team, not everybody wants to be my friend. I give my self a mental slap and almost laugh.

I'm such an idiot. I let him touch me, steal my first kiss. I believed I loved him.

A knock at my window makes me gasp. When the window starts to open and I see thick fingers close around the bottom of the window, I feel my heart clench. When a jean clad leg steps through my window my heart starts up again and it felt like it was going to fly out of my chest.

North's head pops through the now open window and he comes all the way through. I sit up all the way and watch as he ajusts the collar of his heavy leather jacket. When he looks up at me I feel the tears start to fall, his dark hair is a mess sticking up at all angles, his shirt is crooked and his belt buckle is uneven.

North's POV

I smirk as I get out of the jeep, I had kicked Lukes ass. Him and Gabriel thought they could prank me at the diner, they had taken all of the spoons and whisks I needed to make a dessert for one of the non-academy members had ordered, and hid them in the freezer thinking they could sabotage me. They forget I can actually see the top shelf of the racks when I get up on the tips of my toes.

When I had finally found the spoons and whisks and finished making the pie, I was furious. I had grabbed Luke and dragged him outside where one of the other workers was taking a smoke break, and tried to give him a noogie. It ended up getting playful when he "punched" me in the stomach. We started to mess around a bit and it ended up with Luke pantsing me. Which I really did punch him for, in the arm though.

When I finally get up to Sang's window, I watched her for a minute. I probably looked like a stalker to anyone just passing by, and am probably lucky the police didnt come to get me down. But I couldnt help myself. When I saw her start to hug herself and sink into herself I decided it was time to go retrieve her. I was later than usual but I dont think she'd mind.

When I finally get my balance, I even out the collar of my jacket and stand up straighter. When I look up I expect to see Sang getting on the five dollar shoes I got her just for this, out from underneath her bed, but im met with the broken look in her gorgeous eyes and tears falling down her face.

"Baby whats wrong?" I say walking as quietly as I can towards her. She shrinks into herself and looks down at her knees which she brings up to her chest. My heart came to a stop around the same time my feet did, my eyes immediately scan her body to see if I can find any surface bruises or red marks. When I dont see anything and realize that it probably has something to do with me, my heart feels like its being squeezed, ripped and put into a paper shredder all at the same time.

What the fuck did I do?!

"Sang baby?" I let out a ragged whisper. When a sob escapes her throat and echoes around the room, I almost lose my shit and start yelling but realize if I speak above what I have been, Id wake the whole house.