Mistake

It's Sunday and like all Sunday's I'm going to my mothers house for lunch as do my siblings. Normally this is the highlight of my week. No stress, no drama and no work related conversation. Just me, my parents and my siblings.

My happy mood is quickly replaced when I get there and see Lisa in the living room laughing and joking on the sofa with LaToya. I make a point of walking straight past them and go straight to the kitchen. "Whats she doing here?" I frown confused "by she i'm assuming you mean your wife?"

"Ex wife" I point out "anyway. I bumped into her the other day while I was out shopping the and we got talking and went for coffee and I invited her for lunch this sunday" she shrugs casually. "But she's my ex wife! The same woman that cheated on me and..."

"And she's truly sorry for all that" she cuts me off "and that makes it ok?"

"No, but she's here and clearly wants you back and to work on your marriage. She left that other man for you that should tell you something"

"Yeah, it tells me the man she cheated on me with had a lucky escape! And why would you even think i'd want her back? I threw her out and divorced her. That should tell you somthing"

"Michael, just talk to her. I know how lonely you've been and how much you miss her"

"Miss- d. And i'm over her and moved on and I don't want Lisa or any woman in my life. Not anymore" I tell her honestly and she sighs "could you aleast play nice while she's here? For my sake?" She asks and I sigh rolling my eyes "fine! But only because you asked" I say giving in, not wanting to argue with my mother.

I go into the living room and sit politely talking with Lisa and LaToya. "So anything new with you?" Lisa asks "nope" I say in neutral tone and LaToya can sense the awkward tension between us. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom" she smiles walking out of the room, leaving me alone with Lisa.

"LaToya says your more involed with the family businesses these days" she smiles and I frown shaking my head "why are you doing this to me?"

"I told you already. I love you Michael and I want to be your wife again"

"Well forget it! I gave you everything and you still fucked me over" I frown "what is it going to take for you to believe that I'm truly sorry? What ever it is I'll do it"

"There's nothing you can do! It's done. We're over and I'm not gonna give you or any another woman the chance to hurt me again"

"And I won't. I swear to you and..."

"No you wont. Because I'm not gonna give you the opportunity" I cut her off.

She's about to speak when mother comes in the room. "Silly me. I've only forgotten to pick up the desserts from the bakery" she sighs "could you two drive down to pick them up for me?"

"I can go myself" I shrug seeing what she's doing "it's fine. I don't mind" Lisa smiles "of course you don't" I say sarcastically knowing exactly what her and my mother are doing.

"You don't have to keep following me around like a stalker. I've already told you I'm not taking you back" scoff as Lisa and I are driving. "It's not stalking wanting to talk to my husband"

"Ex husband" I point out "do people not understand past tense?"

"Was there somewhere else you were planning to go on your way home? An certain brothel perhaps?" She says sarcastically "No. I just dont want you around. And even if I was it's none of your buisness" I snap "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you" she mumbles and I ignore her.