The little thing's

Michael's POV

"Are you sure about this?" I turn to Leanne as we're waiting in the café. "It's worth a shot. The worst she can do is say no" she shrugs and I don't say anything.

"You can always wait at the house if your feeling uncomfortable about seeing her"

"I just feel a little weird about the three of us sitting here talking like this. Especially because of.. You know... Me and her" I mumble that last part. "Don't you?" I ask an she shakes her head.

"That's all in the past. it's not like you cheated on me" she shrugs "I'd never cheat on you. I mean if your uncomfortable?"

"I'm fine" she shrugs then looks at her phone checking the time. "I didn't enjoy it. I didn't with any of them. Only..."

"Micheal, you really don't need to explain yourself. It's in the past" she cuts me off. I open my mouth to say something, when Emma walks in.

"Hey! How it going?" She smiles giving Leanne a hug then sits down. She glances at me slightly, but doesn't say anything which I kind of appreciated.

"So.. You said you guys wanted to talk to me about something?"

"Do you want a coffee or or something?" I ask getting up from my seat and she nods. "Sure. Thanks" she smiles and I walk over to the counter.

I know what happened with me and Emma is in the past just like it is with the other girls, but it still feels uncomfortable for me to be sitting here having a conversion with her like this. Especially with Leanne here and knowing what she went through just like Leanne did. It's not just that I feel awkward about her being here, but I also feel really bad because at one point I was paying this woman for sex. I know it was before I met Leanne and I wasn't aware of what was really happening, but just like her Emma didn't have a choice and knowing I was partly resonsable for her misery just like I was with Leanne. I feel really guilty knowing what I did to her, but as much as I don't want to be here or anywhere near Emma. Leanne needs this and I'm doing this for her so I'm just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it.

"I told her" Leanne says as I join them back at the table. "Will you help us?" I ask and she sighs unsure. "I don't know. If they catch me, I could get in alot trouble and..."

"They won't catch you" Leanne cuts her off "what makes you so sure Mary will tell me anyway?"

"We're not, but I need you to try... please?" Leanne pleads with her. "But what if the police find me with a recorder? They do searches and stuff"

"They won't. People sneak in drugs and knives and all kinds and they don't get caught plus the recorder is so tiny nobody will notice. It just looks like a necklace. See?" I cut in showing her. "This is really a recorder?" She examines it. "Mhm. So will you do it?" Leanne asks and she doesn't say anything for a moment.

"I still don't understand why your doing this. If you think she did it then why not just tell the police?"

"Because I need to hear her say it for myself" Leanne says. "For what? Your only gonna hurt yourself more hearing it. Especially if she gives detail"

"That's what I said" I cut in. "And he's right" Emma turns back to Leanne "I know you both don't understand, but I need this and she'd never admit it to me" Leanne says and Emma doesn't say anything for a moment then nods.

"I'll try, but I can't garentee she'll tell me anything" she sighs giving in. "So how does this thing work?" She turns to me and I begin showing her and explaining what to do.

As we're all talking. Some guy walks over and whispers something to Emma and she nods and he walks away.

"I'm gonna have to go soon" she mutters getting up. "Your still doing that?" Leanne asks, looking upset and I look at them both confused. "I don't have much choice. I have rent to pay and stuff"