Playing games

Lisa's POV

I haven't attempted to contact Michael for few days because I didn't want to make it obvious it was me that got that slut fired and I knew that if I went over straight after, Michael would be suspicious. I still can't believe how easy that was. She clearly wasn't that valuable to the place like Michael likes to make out that she is.

I know Michael goes to his mother's house on Sundays, so after getting all dressed up and fixing my hair and make up, I made my way over.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asks confused, when he comes into the kitchen. "I was just in the area and thought I'd stop by and your mother asked me to join you guys for lunch" I smile and he smiles back through pursed lips. "I was just getting some more soda for me and Randy. Do you want one?" He asks opening the fridge and I nod. "Do you have plans when you leave here?" He asks handing me a can of soda "no, I don't have anything planned. Why?"

"You look nice is all. I thought maybe you were going out somewhere" he shrugs. "Thanks" I smile pretending to go shy. "I should get back with these" he's smiles at me thought pursed lips and walks out with two soda's

"I saw that" I hear Kathrine say softly coming into the kitchen. "Looks like he's coming around" she smiles "you think so?"

"Mhm. I don't condone what you did, but people make mistakes sometimes and Michael will forgive you as did I"

"I doubt it. He acts like he hates me most of the time" I shrug "he doesn't hate you. He's hurt which anyone would be"

"I know what I did was terrible and I hate myself every day for what I did" I sigh "things have been terrible without Michael"

"And he's been feeling the exact same. I've watched my son spend the past year shut everybody out and he's been so lonely and since you've been back he's been happier. He might not admit, but that's just him being scared you'll hurt him again"

"I won't I love your son with all my heart and there's not a day that goes by when I don't think about him" I sniffle pretending to get upset and she pulls me in close to her. "Things will work out and Michael will come around. You've both suffered so much this year and it's pretty clear you both need each other" she smiles through pursed lips reassuring me and smile back.

****
Michael's POV

"Damn it!!"

"Chill bro, it's just a game" Randy chuckles as I slam the controller down. "We'll try one more time" I sigh annoyed picking the controller back up and restarting the level. "So um... you spoke to Leanne yet?" He mumbles and I shake my head still staring at the screen. "I can't see her until tuesday because of that stupid rule Mary has about only being allowed to see the same girl twice in one week"

"Are you gonna tell her how you feel?"

"Can we just concentrate on the game for now" I shrug. "So that's a no?"

"I'm not sure. She probably won't care anyway"

"You don't know that for sure"

"She hasn't said she has feelings for Me. Why do I have to make the first move?" I shrug. "But she said she wanted you. So that's kinda like telling you" he shrugs. "Not really because 'want' can mean different things and she didn't say how she wanted me. She could have just meant for sex"

"But you won't know for sure until you speak to her"

"If she wanted more then she would have said and I asked if she wanted to talk about what happened at the club and she said no. Clearly she doesn't like me like that" I shrug. "Or she could just be worried to tell you in case she thinks you don't feel the same and get her fired or something for being clingly"