For the best

Lisa's POV

"How much longer I'm I gonna have to stay here?" I ask my lawyer as he's looking through his notes. "Hopefully they'll be releasing you soon. They still don't have any actually proof that you..."

"Soon!?" I snap, cutting him off. "I shouldn't even be here in the first place and you know why there's no proof? Because I DIDN'T DO IT"

"But you were in the house that Mary was found and..."

"And so has Michael and Leanne and Mia and God knows how many other people yet I'm the one stuck here getting all the blame for something I didn't even do"

"Well like I said hopefully we can get you released soon but..."

"Hopefully? What kind of lawyer says hopefully? Have you ever even won a case?" I say with an attitude. "Actually I've won many but if you wanna know the truth" he says then sighs heavily. "The detective that has your case is one of the most sneaky and corrupt detective I've ever met. I've never been up against him myself, but I've known many that have and lost"

"But I didn't do it so how can you possibly lose?" I frown "if you didn't do it then there won't be any kind of evidence, but you have to realise that you were heavily connected with Mary and you have been arrested before for attempted..."

"I was having a mental breakdown at the time" I cut him off. "Which they'll try and use against you and say that you broke down again. This is a serious case and their not going to let this go until they have someone charged for this"

"But they already made me see a therapist yesturday and they obviously wouldn't have found any proof I did it because I didn't so how long until I can leave this place?"

"Soon hopefully, but um.. there's one more problem"

"What now?" I sigh rolling my eyes "if they don't find anything soon then they won't have any choice but to release you but..."

"How's that a problem?" I ask confused "there may not be any proof that you were the one that killed Mary but.. "

"Because I didn't" I cut him off "But..." he continues ignoring my comment. "There's still video footage of you going into the house and taking items with Mia and if Leanne decides to press charges then they won't have to let you go and you could be charged with breaking an entry and burglary and..."

"What!!?" I snap, cutting him off. "So far she hasn't and there's a chance she won't, but there's still a chance she might and if she does then she has a solid case because there's video evidence"

"So I'm stuck here no matter what? Is that what your telling me? They can't do this to me. I'm pregant. I can't have baby in some stinking jail cell. I haven't done anything wrong" I croak, trying not to cry again. "I'm doing everything I can to get you out of here" he says softly and I don't say anything, trying despretly to hold back my tears.

****
Michael's POV

After taking Leanne over to my parents to hang out with Janet, I go to work and spent most of my time around other people to avoid Randy, but the moment I go to my office to get something Randy comes over.

"Finally. I've been trying get you alone all day" he says closing the door behind him. "You do know how creepy that sounded right?" I chuckle slightly and turn to leave and he takes my arm pulling me back. "Wait. I wanted to talk to you about Leanne. Is she ok?" he says, stopping me from leaving. "Leanne's doing great thanks" I smile through pursed lips and turn to leave and again he stops me. "You haven't told her have you?"

Forbidden जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें