Please don't

Joseph's POV

I come downstairs and Kathrine is sitting silently at the kitchen table.

"Hey, I didn't hear you come to bed last night"

"That's because I didn't" she mutters. "You may be able to sleep with what's happened, but I can't"

"I know last night was a shock, but..."

"I shock!?" She cuts me off. "Not only did we have social services at a door, but I also found out Michael and the rest of my son's have been going to some filthy brothel and the child he's been caring for was actually a child hooker, that his father bought for him to play with! I think this goes a little beyond shocked!"

"It wasn't like that and you know it"

"Do I? Because that's what it seemed like to me! Most fathers buy their son a car as a gift, but you bought yours a person! A young child that he's been sleeping with and this whole time you've allowed it to happen and you lied to me. When I had suspicions about the two of them you stood there and lied to my face!"

"First off Leanne's almost 17 and yes she was 15 at the time, but Michael didn't find that out until long after, when she told him the truth and that she was being forced to be there and I didn't buy her for him to play with. It was the only way to get the poor girl away from that place. I wasnt happy about what are sons had been doing either, but they did and they haven't been anywhere near that place since all this happened and as for the two of them sleeping together, as far as I was aware all off that stuff was over with. I didn't know they were still sleeping together until Janet said last night" I tell her truthfully. "If she was being forced to be there then why didn't you phone the police instead of buying the poor girl like she was some toy?" She scrunches her face at me. "Micheal DID call the police as soon as she told him everything, but it just made it worst because the police already know about it and their in on the whole thing too"

"That's ridiculous. The police are their to protect people" she shakes her head. "Not all of them. The majority of police are more than happy to let things slide, if their getting something out of it. Leanne even said to Michael herself that police officers would visit that place all tge time and they knew exactly how old she was, but it didn't matter to them"

"And what about her parents?"

"They really did pass away. That's why she was with her aunt" I tell her an she doesn't say anything for a moment. "I need to speak to him" she says getting up from her seat. "Who?"

"Michael, Obviously I need to hear what he has to say about all of this"

"Michael's in rehab. You can't just storm over there and..."

"Watch me!" She snaps cutting me off. "Why don't you just take some time to take all of this in and speak to him when you and Leanne go to visit him in a few days?" I suggest and she shakes her head. "I'm not taking her anywhere near that place, not after what he's done"

"And what about Leanne? Have you considered how she'd feel about that? Have you even asked her?"

"No, because clearly that girls been through enough without me bringing it all up as well"

"Well maybe you should because like you said she's been through enough already and now she's settled and finally happy and being taken care of your planning on ruining that and forcing her into a situation she doesn't want"

"Happy and taken care of?" She scoffs "yes, have you ever seen Michael mistreat her or seen her sick or malnurished or anything like that? Nope because she is being taken care of and she is happy and you stopping Michael from seeing her and taking away the probably the only person she trusts isn't gonna do her any good. You didn't see the state she was in that night I went with Michael to go and get her. I don't know what happened to that girl in that place, but she was completely traumatised"