A Letter of Reaffirmation

lewispearljohnson, Erichi25, here's a letter for you

Dear Erica,

I have written this letter to reaffirm to you what covenant I have made to the LORD JESUS CHRIST on the day that asked HIM for someone that I will love, to the moment that I met you, to the moment that I assured you my love by showing my sincerity towards our relationship to your mother, to your family and even friends, to the moment that I asked your hand in marriage, the moment that I assured you that I will fulfill what I have promised, walking with you through trials and circumstances of having a relationship with me, being engaged with me for the past 3 and a half years, the ups and downs, the truth that I never kept from you but assured you that I will always be there for you, the covenant that I made with the LORD that I will take care of you, the love that we shared, the children that we have, the family that we were building together, assuring you of our future together, serving the LORD together as spiritual support to each other, prayer partner.

Up until now, I still am decided to commit myself to you, and I have no plans of letting go of it, as I have committed that promise to the LORD first before I have given you that promise. It is the LORD who sealed it by letting me have the opportunity to be engaged with you in the first place, the ring that I bought you that day though it wasn't really an "engagement ring" by everyone's standards and walking with you hand in hand with the promise of not letting go of each other despite any trials that will come along our way when I placed the ring on your finger despite you not wearing it anymore. That promise still stands unless we both pray to the LORD to release us from that promise and covenant. The ring and covenant that I gave you came in with a promise to the LORD that "I will not let go of you, even how hard it gets, I will still stand by you, even if it costs me my life, because I will protect you until I have breath left in me".

My purpose of loving you is not for me own fulfillment, but to fulfill you. I loved you because I want to love you unconditionally and not expect anything in return. I loved you because it was my personal decision since I was the one who asked the LORD to give me YOU. I loved you not because I was asking to be loved back, but because I am committed to loving you tirelessly. I love you even if you love me less than I do, because what is important to me is how much I can love you more than how much you can love me. I love you because it is what will make you happy and not because it will make me happy. I love you because I want to build a family with you, a complete one and a GOD seeking one. I love you because you have the heart to serve the LORD and that you love the LORD and that is what really mattered to me. I loved you because Christ lived in you, in your heart and your soul committed to HIM.

If there's any chance to save this relationship, I will ask for it onemore time, because what is normal for me is different now. I believe in GODmore than ever before, and that only GOD can change us than us working reallyhard to change one another. I have askedmyself "what would JESUS do"? HE will forgive and start moving and looking intothe future than linger in the past, and that is what I am committed and willing to do, no matter thecircumstance, because I believe in this verse

Love never fails. -1 Corinthians 13:8

and it will never fail since what I have for you is a love that seeksGOD first than a love full of lustful desires. The love that I have for you now is a love that is not controlling as Iwill let GOD take control of what we can have to bond us together and look intothe future. I cannot live a life without you in it, and I pray that GOD willfix us.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.

I am also holding on to GOD's promise that only the blood of JESUS can truly save us and change us

I AM SAVED BY GRACE Eph 2:8, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
Eph 1:7, "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;" (my very first sermon as a Pastor)

I also hold on to this promise from the LORD, and this is where I now draw my assurances towards you.

I AM SURE BY GRACE Rom 5:2, "By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." (my supposed to be second sermon)

And to make you more secure, I hold on to this promise by the LORD

I AM SECURE BY GRACE Rom 3:24, "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"(My third sermon this coming Sunday)

I am now letting the GRACE of the LORD be in control over me to take care of this relationship, one day at a time, the LORD will make changes since we can allow GOD to make it happen. And let me just reassure you that none of the past will be opened, because I wouldn't want to open up wounds and scars that have already healed. I still want to build and complete our family as our children wants it too. I am willing to give this commitment to this family, no matter what and I will work really hard to provide for our family, like before, standing up on our own as this place provides the best place to start a family with the income that I have and you won't have to worry about yourself anymore, because I will provide for our family, I will protect our family, and I will make our family seek GOD first and serve GOD first as well.

Always sincerely loving you,

Joseph Benjamin Jireh Pabellon

I miss you