From His Lips He Drew the Hallelujah

Tyler stood in front of his full length mirror smoothing out the wrinkles that had formed in his neat, black sweater.

He and Josh was going out on a date tonight and Josh had warned him to dress warmly due to the fall weather setting in. So there stood Tyler in his favorite black skinny jeans and black sweater.

He was mentally cursing the blue haired boy for being so persistent on their date to be a surprise. Tyler hated surprises because he hated the simple fact that he didn't know something someone else knew, and that made him anxious...very anxious.

He was currently sweating bullets from the anxiety welling up in his chest and constricting his airways as 'what's if's' cluttered his train of thought.

What if he underdressed?

What if he over dressed?

What if he didn't live up to everyone else's expectations?

What if he embarrassed Josh?

Just as he was about to throw himself into a panic attack a knock was heard on the other side of his door. He slowly made his way towards it trying not to be as visibly shaky.

Tyler couldn't believe this man had him feeling like this without even trying. He was a stripper and gave lap dances two days a week, but Josh just made him feel over the edge. It wasn't the butterflies that people always explain, this was a storm residing in his whole body. Josh made him feel like he was having a fucking anxiety attack when he was even mentioned.

He swung open the door to see a bright smile adorning Josh's god like features and a single yellow rose in his hand. Tyler can't help the smile forming as he takes the fragile plant from Josh's outstretched hand.

"You remembered?" Tyler says with a smile so wide that you could hear it in his voice.

Josh looks down at the smaller boy with a quick shrug and pink dusted cheeks, "well, I mean, yeah."

Tyler hated the feeling of adoration that surged through his veins for the boy standing in front of him. He shouldn't continue letting Josh make him feel like this, oh but he wants too.

He takes the flower to his kitchen before putting it in a glass cup with some water, "shall we go?"

Josh only smiles brighter as he reaches to link the two's hands together, "we shall."

They walk in silence to Josh's car as the feeling of Josh's hand holding his calms his nerves, but at the same time worsen them. He was no longer worried about being what others wanted to be, he was more focused oh what josh wanted him to be.

What did Josh want him to be?

He was soon interrupted from his thoughts as he felt Josh let go of his hand and open the door to his car for him. Tyler offers the boy a shy smile as he mumbles a small 'thank you'.

Soon Josh is clambering into the driver seat as he throws the end of the aux chord into Tyler's direction, " play us some tunes, Ty."

Tyler internally panics as he hesitantly plugs his phone up to the small black chord. Tyler's music means a lot to him, it shows who he is and how he expresses himself. If Josh hated his music it'd destroy him, and Josh doesn't look like a piano type of guy.