Chapter 34, Formality, part 3

Formality, part 3

I ran towards my class. I'm going to be late. As I turned on a corner, I bumped into someone and we both fell on the ground. My books fell on the ground. Ugh, great. I'm late for my stupid class.

I looked at who I bumped into and it's a guy with green-blue eyes. And I know he's one of Jackson's friends because I saw them hanging out together before. But I don't know his name. I think it's Drew or Jacob. I'm not sure. He looks like Jacob in Twilight though. He might be a werewolf!

''I'm so so so sorry.'' I apologized as I grabbed my books.

He smiled. ''It's fine.'' He looked up at me in the eyes. ''Oh, you're Emily.'' I nodded. ''I'm one of Jackson's friends. I'm Jake.''

''Hi.'' I said.

''So, um... I wanted to ask you something.'' He said as he helped me to grab my things and I nodded. ''Do you want to go at the formal with me?''

What should I say? I mean Derek--No! Don't think about him Emily don't think! I don't hate him. In fact, I really like him. Sexy Derek. But I still miss him. He just walked (Well, more like disappeared) away after what happened in my room. Anyway, I think I need to chill with normal people. I just want a night with normal teenagers so I can live my normal teenager life. I think I should say yes because I don't really want to go alone since Stiles don't want to go and Scott can't come. And I really don't want to go at the formal alone. But that doesn't mean I like Jake. I just really miss Derek. I'm wondering if the Argents are hurting him. I hope not.

''I'd love to.'' I smiled.

He smiled back. ''Cool. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 8:00pm?''

I nodded. He gave me my books and I walked towards my class. Well, that's great...I guess. I never really had a date before. Only in sixth grade with that boy...uh...Nathan. He was kind of nice. But after three months, he moved. I have no idea where he moved. The thing is, I didn't had time to tell him that I broke up. And he never told me either because he moved. Wait, does that means he's my boyfriend? I hope not. Gosh, do you imagine that if I saw him somewhere and I'm like 'Hey Nathan. Do you remember me? I'm Emily McCall and you were my boyfriend in sixth grade. Well, you or I never broke up so yeah, I broke up with you.' Then I would ran away. Anyway, I consider him as my ex-boyfriend.

*********************************************

I'm at the store with Allison, Victoria and Lydia for our dress tomorrow. And Victoria is going at the formal with Boyd. Allison is going at the formal with Jackson since Jackson broke up with Lydia. It only took two minutes before the school knew that they broke up.

''Nothing's wrong...I just...I have a lot on my mind.'' Allison said, answering Lydia's question.

''You could smile, at least.'' Lydia replied. ''Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with you smile'?'' No. I never heard of that before. ''Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress.'' Yeah, and I need to buy my own dress. Victoria and I looked at each other. Telepathy! I'm sure she thought of the same thing. I'm started to think I have a power. Well, who knows. Maybe I have a power. I live in a supernatural so everything could happen.

''Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected,'' Allison said.

''Excellent.'' Lydia replied.

''But not as much as I'm going to ask.'' Allison remarked. Lydia looked at her confused. Allison, Victoria and I looked at each other and grinned. I know what she's talking about.

''What?'' Lydia asked. ''What's that supposed to mean?''

''It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to and you're not going to go with someone else.'' Allison said.