Chapter 12- A Promise is a Promise

MITM CHAPTER 12 

AN: dear lord GUYZ!! 20,000 reads already?! My god. So here we go. Chapter 12, and quite rushed might I add. Sorry it really stinks, but hey! 20,000 READS WOMAN 

Sorry bout that.... I ALSO FINALLY GOT TO SEE BAJAN AND JEROME DO DAT LIVESTREAM AND HELPED IN DAT PROCESS OF MAKING #THENEXUSMC, #POWERMOVESONLY, #MAYOROFPOWERMOVES, AND #MEROME TREND WORLDWIDE. OHHHH BABY! NOW ON WITH ZE STORY

JASON'S POV

I watched as Ty ran out of the store after his speech, and instantly tried to follow him. When I finally got out of the crowd, however, he was gone. I pushed past the crowds of people trying to figure out what was going on in GameStop.  

"TY!" I yelled for him. I still couldn't find him. I grabbed my phone and clicked on his an,e, but he was busy. Who the heck was he calling?!  

"TY WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?!" I yelled and looked all around the mall for him.  

"You know what? Forget this. I need to go find Lexi and say I'm sorry." I said to myself before changing my course and walking back towards the exit. I was pretty sure that after a couple hours, she had gone home. I was right. An was still inside, yet his car was gone. Since I didn't want to leave everyone with no way to get home, I walked. It might take a while, but if I run here and there, I can make it.  

After a couple minutes of walking, I quickened my pace to a quick jog. That turned into a sprint which turned into an all out run. Don't ask how. I finally reached Jordan's house and saw Ian's car out front. I breathed heavily after having run for so long, and trying to take a deep breath to calm myself wasn't easy. I stood outside wheezing for a couple minutes until I got a good deep breath to soothe me. I stood up all the way and grabbed the door handle, waited a moment, then opened the door.  

"Hello?" I called as I walked in. From the other room, I heard muffled sobs and whispers.  

"What the..." I quickly jogged to the living room where Lexi was 'scratching' under her eyes hurriedly, Emma, Aster, and Sarah all on their phones and the TV. Lexi's fingers were coated with mascara and there were still traces of the smeared makeup on her face.  

"Lexi!" I yelled. Sarah, Emma, and Aster all looked away from their phones and the TV, which had turned on as I asked in.  

"Hey Jason," Lexi said innocently. I sat down next to her and wiped one last tear that had escaped her eyes.  

"Lexi, what's wrong?" I asked, attempting to stay calm. She simply gave me a fake smile.  

"I'm fine," she answered, picking up her old iPhone she was using until Ian fixed her new one and unlocking it. She put in the pass code '2896' and the phone allowed her access.  

"Lexi," I tried to get her attention. She wouldn't look at me, as I could see the tears welling up in her eyes again. "Lexi, look at me," I said, more of a command than an invitation. I finally just snatched her phone from her hands and slid it to the other side of the room.  

"What was that for?!" She asked, extremely angry.  

"I need to talk to you. Not a brick wall. Alright, what's happening? I come home and your crying your eyes out, then cover it all up. Why?" I ask, genuinely concerned and hurt that she would think she had to hide something from me. The phone rang and she tried to go get it, but is at her back down. 

"Nothing Jason! I swear! I'm not hiding anything!" She shouted. I wasn't really surprised. She was pretty shaken up over whatever was wrong. I just sighed.  

"Fine. Don't tell me. I just thought you trusted me enough. Cause I sure as heck trust you with anything. Ill see you later Lexi." I muttered, standing up and walking up Jordan's stairs to his computer room. I got out my laptop and started to record some Super Craft Bros to get my mind off of things.