Chapter 25-Winter Storm

MITM Chapter 25

AN: MITM is nearing a close. Close coming faster than expected. Not yet, but maybe a couple chapters! (WARNING: END OF BOOK WILL BE A CLIFF HANGER MOST LIKELY!;) )

JORDANS POV

I walked down the stairs, hand-in-hand with Lexi. Finally, I asked her out. After so long of waiting, I finally did it. I'm so happy she slipped up and said she liked me. That slip up just made my life so much better. I love her so much, and I always have. Just before we got down the stairs, I stopped and turned to her. She looked at me, confused.
"What's wrong Jordan?" She asked worriedly. I gave her a warm smile.
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not anymore." I replied, then leaned in and kissed her. She kissed back for a few seconds before we both pulled away simultaneously. She smiled and hugged me quickly.
"I love you Jordan." She whispered.
"I've always loved you Lexi." I whispered back truthfully. "Always have, and always will. Now let's go and rejoin everyone." She nodded and I wrapped my arm around her waist, bringing her out to the others. She leaned her head on my shoulder and we sat down. No one seemed to noticed how close we were, as this is how we usually are. We are basically always close. Always have been, ever since we met.
"Should we tell them?" Lexi whispered in my ear, so quiet it was almost silent. It seemed like more of a breath in which the tiny sound of air passing my ear seemed to resemble words. I shrugged.
"Whatever you think is best." I answered, a bit louder than she had been so she could hear me.
"What're you two whispering about?" Ty asked from across the room. He grinned and kept smashing and squishing the plastic water bottle in his hands, the room going silent except for the sound of the loud crinkling plastic.
"You!" Lexi shot back, sticking her tongue out at him.
"Oh come on! You guys are TOGETHER!" Ty yelled, throwing his hands in the air. I rolled my eyes at his childishness, and put my hand across Lexi's shoulders.
"Nunya." Lexi waved him off. He tilted his head to the side.
"What did you just attempt to say?" He asked with a laugh.
"None ya beezwax." Lexi repeated a longer version of the strange phrase. Ty rolled his eyes and leaned back, putting his hands behind his head.
"Fine, wait to tell us. I don't care." He shrugged. Just then, a fuming Connor stormed into the room, and all went quiet. He stopped and looked around at the expectant faces around him, taking it all in.
"Uh... What did I interrupt?" He asked, confused as he pushed away his angry facade. "IS SOMEONE GETTING ME A PONY?" He yelled, causing everyone to laugh. He smiled and sat down, taking out his phone and rapidly typing out a message to a few friends, saying he had gone out of town. I noticed they had been spamming him with messages, asking where he was. Connor's fingers stroked the screen ever so slightly, tapping each letter in the sentence quickly and letting it go almost immediately. He seemed to has this planned out in his head how he would reply.
I looked back up at the tv, and everyone was watching the news intently. "The snow should melt a little bit, and if it doesn't, the drive through the ice is a risk we will have to take. We have to get Ian and Jason out of that hospital, they're freaking out along with their fans." Ty muttered.
"Should we make a vlog and say that they're in the hospital? Clear things up, make sure they know they'll be okay?" Adam asked, rubbing his hands together and looking around. We all looked at each other.
Preston was the first to answer. "I'm up for it if you guys are."
"Me too." Aster nodded in agreement. We all agreed, and soon the camera had been set up. We-somehow- fit everyone in the frame. Ty held the remote, and he clicked the record button.
"Hey! What's up? It's me, Deadlox!" He introduced. We once again did our intros, like last time, and introduced our new friends.
"So a lot of you have been worrying about Ian and Jason..." Ty began.
"The truth is..." Adam carried on.
"They're in the hospital." Quentin finished the sentence.
"They've been there for a little while, and at first they were in a coma. We weren't sure if they'd make it, and the doctors had little hope. That was, until a couple days or so ago wen they both woke up. It was so amazing, no one thought they'd make it. It was a miracle. They both said that they had a pretty strange experience in their unconscious state, and they said they'd seen..." Lexi stopped talking, and looked down. I took over, holding her close.
"They said they saw Jason's mom, who died a while ago. She urged them to both stay away from the light behind her that she came from, and to go to the doors that were behind them. They both took the doors, and they said that's when they woke up." I explained seriously to the camera. I looked around at the grim looks on everyone's faces, realizing no one had smiled this whole video. "But the important thing it guys, that they are going to be okay. Once the snow clears up, we're going to bring them back to my place and everything will be normal again. However, everyone is going home soon." I looked around sternly at everyone, but in a joking way.
"NOPE!" Tyler yelled. I rolled my eyes, but they then flickered to a figure standing in the doorway behind the camera, leaning against the wooden frame silently. He lifted his glass to his mouth and took a drink from it, not taking his eyes off of us.
I took the remote from Ty and stopped the recording, walking to the figure.
"Mitch, listen-"
"I don't need to listen, Jordan. I know what you're going to say. I'm failing you all. I'm self-centered. I'm doing nothing right. I'm stupid! I'm an idiot! I'm an utter and complete mess!" He said, his voice getting louder as he spoke. "I get it... I already know..." He whispered, looking down. My jaw dropped as I saw his lip quiver and his arm flash up to his face to catch a salty tear before it fell down his face.
"Mitch... You're none of those things..." I whispered calmly to him. He looked up at me, shaking, no longer caring about the tears streaking his cheeks.
"I am, and you know it. We all know it. So why don't you admit it?" Mitch asked quietly. Connor looked shocked as he walked up to his brother, throwing his arms around him and letting out a sob.
"Mitch, you know that's not what I meant..." He tried to explain.
"Maybe it's not what you meant, but it's what you thought."
"No, Mitch, it's not! I would never think that about you. You're my brother, and I love you. You're my role model, Mitch. My big brother. I've always looked up to you, and I've always wanted to be like you. You have so many loyal fans and amazing friends, and I want that too. You're so amazing to so many people. Why can't you understand that?" Connor choked out, looking up at his brother. Their cheeks were both tear-stained, eyes red and watery. Mitch bent down slowly to be eye-to-eye with his little brother.
Mitch placed his hands on Connor's shoulders, uttering a small smile. "Thanks Con. That means a lot. I know we fight a lot and all, but in the end, you're still my little brother. And I'll try my hardest to be the best role model and big brother ever. I promise I'll take care of you every time you visit. We can hang out, talk, play soccer, video games, anything. I'm going to be here for you from now on. I'm just sad that I wasn't here for you for the past (Connor's age? Isn't he like 11/12ish? Idk) years."
"You have been though, Mitch. You just didn't notice. Or you don't remember. You remember when Cassie died, right?" Connor's voice staggered over his words, and you could tell he was fighting back tears. "And yes Mitch, I know what happened. I'm not stupid. You couldn't keep it from me forever. I know that Cassie died of cancer. But, you were there for me. You helped ease the pain of the loss. And I'm grateful for that. Very grateful." Everyone sat in shock, except for Jerome and Mitch. They bowed their heads, obviously both remembering that time vividly. A tear fell from Jerome's face, and he shook with a small sob.
"I remember Connor...." Mitch whispered.
"And so do I... So just like then, to get through this, we have to work together. That was a hard time for all of us. Cassie was like the little sister I never had." Jerome said, his voice ragged and crackly. We all nodded in agreement, though we didn't know what had happened. Grief for a little girl we had never known was impacting us so much, no one could speak. The air felt heavy, and I had an urge to get up and run outside just to get away from the madness. Tears dotted the corners of everyone's eyes, and Lexi buried her head into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, taking a ragged breath through the tears begging to come out. I sniffled, tilting my head back to keep the tears in my eyes. I rubbed circles on Lexi's back, thing to calm her.
The death of this child was striking so hard, but it was so long ago. And we never even knew her. I guess that shows you how far friendship stretches-it's farther than the brain. It's in your heart. Your soul. It can fill you, build you up, and tear you apart. It can make your life better, or crumble it into pieces. It's all in who you choose to share this feeling of friendship with. One wrong choice, and everything can crumble. One wrong move, and everything is different.
"Come on guys." Quentin said, suddenly getting up and grabbing his jacket.
"Where are you going?" Preston asked. Quentin turned.
"To go get our friends. If you want to help, join me. Connor stays, and a few people stay with him." He commanded, suddenly taking charge. No one argued- Connor, Mitch, Ginger, and Jerome stayed at the house. The rest of us set off on the treacherous journey to the hospital. Luckily, it wasn't too far away, or we would've had no chance of making it.
We grabbed our heaviest jackets, scarves, gloves, hats. We got hand warmers and emergency blankets. Just in case.
"The biggest thing is to stay together. The snow died down a lot, but we don't want to lose each other. No one veer away from the group, okay?" Tyler coached. We all nodded, and I adjusted my beanie onto my head. I looked down at Lexi, seeing her head bare of any hat to warm her.
"Just a second, this shouldn't take long!" I excused myself, jogging to my room and grabbing a spare beanie. I jogged back down, pulling the hat over Lexi's head and fitting it so she got enough sight and coverage as she could get. She smiled at me, kissing my cheek.
"Thanks Jordan." She thanked, and we set off.
The fierce winds whipped around us, filling our ears with howling and whistling. I put my hands up against the sides of my face, attempting to block some of the snow from my eyes. Everyone looked around, and luckily the snow wasn't so much as to where we couldn't see in front if our faces. We pushed against the wind, willing over bodies to move forward. The freezing weather made me shied uncontrollably, even with so many layers. I raised my arm to block the snow, and was able to see much easier. I got more confident in my foot placement, soon leading the group.
"Take a right, guys!" I yelled behind me. They nodded, turning right. Now let's just hope I don't lead them the wrong way. I looked army shivering friends, immediately regretting the decision to come out here. We had made a huge mistake, one that may cost all of us our lives. Again.
After all of this time, we have been endangered once more. All because of one man that was out to get us all. Anger bubbled up inside of me, and I instinctively grabbed Lexi's hand, holding it tight.
"Please, Lexi," I began, by voice rough. "Please don't leave me for him..." I begged. She looked at me meaningfully.
"I would never do that. He means nothing but pain to me now, I love you and only you...." She replied, just loud enough for me to hear over the roaring wind. I smiled and gave her a peck on the cheek.
"I love you." I heard from next to me.
"I love you too." I answered, facing forward. Lexi is, was, and always will be my dream girl.
"We almost there lovebirds?!" Adam yelled. I turned and nodded. "Thank the butter! We've been walking for so dang long, man!"
I chuckled. "Almost there guys, see? There's the sign! The storm is dying down too. We should be able to get in there, and by the time all the paperwork is signed, it won't be a problem to bring them home on foot. Nothing like this!" I motioned to the swirling storm around us. (Frozen, anyone? THE WIND IS HOWLING LIKE- okay nevermind....)
No one answered, but I could tell they were relieved. We finally made it to the hospital, rushing through the doors to reach the warm air. I sighed in relief, shaking the snow off of my jacket. The nurses walked up to us, obviously curious as to why we arrived in the middle of a snowstorm.
"We're here for Ian (last name) and Jason Probst(idk if that's it but we're going with it)." I explained. On nurse nodded, rushing off to grab the paperwork. We all dispersed, sitting down on the chairs. A couple of doctors came out and handed out towels to us, telling us the storm was almost over. The wind had died down a lot, and you could see a good distance ahead of you now. I nodded and smiled, thanking them.
"And so then I said, heck no! And I smacked him up with an iron sword!" Ty gloated about his latest win at the hunger games. I rolled my eyes with a smile.
These are my friends, this is what they do. And I love them for it. After so long, we're still friends. We haven't given up.
-A BIT LATER AFTER JASON AND IAN ARE OUT AND THE SNOW IS BASICALLY STOPPED-
I wheeled Jason out of the hospital as he squirmed in the large wheelchair.
"But I don't wanna sit in this! I can walk, I did it all the time in the hospital!" He whined for the twentieth time. I groaned, looking at the others. They shrugged.
"Fine, but let's get out of view of the hospital first." Jason cheered silently, sitting back for the first time since he sat down. Well, more like he was pushed down.
Ian, on the other hand, sat back and enjoyed the ride. Quentin was pushing his wheelchair, Emma by his side. I smiled as I noticed Lexi was by my side also, and I ruffled her hair. She gasped in surprise, but quickly narrowed her eyes at me playfully.
"Why you little! If you weren't pushing a wheelchair I'd beat you." She reached her hand up and ruffled my hair, making me pout.
"But my haaiirrrrr!" I whined.
"Blah blah blaahhhh!" Lexi mocked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.
It didn't take long to get home, but I swear I kept seeing someone... Watching us. I don't know who it was, but they scared me. A lot. A shiver went down my spine as I entered the house, and I waited for everyone to come in. After they all walked inside, I looked out the door. A figure leapt into the bushes of my neighbor's house, and another dove behind the house. What the...
"I have to go check something out guys. I'll be right back." I called, walking out the door.
Bad idea.

A/N: OH HAAAYYY! How's life? I know this was pretty bad, but I can't think I just had this total brain fart after doing so much homework and agh!
You guys know that my parents read all the comments you post right? Just keep that in mind. ;)
Anyways, THEWINNERTOLASTCHAPTER'SQUESTIONISRIGHTHERE>>> @Yewerz with the answer of:
My favourite band iiiiiisssssss... Either Black Veil Brides or Motionless In White. BVB because they help me through hard times in my life and basically explain my life with their songs. MIW because they express all my hate for my enemies XD They also calm me down so I don't murder someone when they make me angry XD

Haha, perfect brah XD

GOALZZZZZ
300 reads
100 comments
90 votes

Can we smash that, or at least hit it? ;)

Thanks so much for reading, I love you guys so much! You mean the world to me, honestly. I wouldn't trade you guys to be in Team Crafted or be friends with ZexyZek to be honest, and that's a LOT!! :)
LOVE YOU GUYS, KEEP CALM AND HOWL ON, STAY IN SCHOOL, YADDA YADDA YADDA BUH BYE! :D