Chapter 27- Finale (EPILOGUE)

AN: well. Here we are. The end of an era, let's make it go out with a bang, aye? :) Enjoy the last chapter of MITM, the big finale. Basically the epilogue. Let's go! :)

MITM Chapter 27- The Finale

Preston's POV

It's been a week since Jake and Brett have been caught. Everyone has been rejoicing, not wanting to think about leaving their friends and girlfriends. I knew I didn't want to leave Aster- never. But I had to, I had to go back to Washington and get ready to move back to Texas, and I knew she wouldn't be able to join me.

I stepped out of the taxi, running around the back to open the door for Aster. She smiled and got out, a sad look taking over her face. I looked back with the same expression, grabbing my bags and leading her off of the road. Then, I spun on my heels to face her and put one hand on her cheek. She back up at me, tears welling up in her eyes, a sob rattling through her.

"Don't go..." She whispered, her hands reaching up to the one I had rested on her cheek. My heart broke as I saw the tears slip down her face.

"Shhh... I'm so sorry..." I leaned in and kissed her lightly on her forehead. "I have to." She squeezed her eyes shut and nodded, another sob shaking her. I frowned and wrapped my arms around her, allowing her to cry into my chest. My own tears made an appearance in the corners of my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away. I had to stay strong, for Aster. I pulled away slowly but kept my hands on her arms as I looked at her.

"I'll visit a lot, okay? And be sure to go to MineCon, I'll be there. If you can't get a ticket, tell me. I'll make sure to get you one, okay?" I made her promise. She gave a weak smile and wiped away her tears.

"Of course, you little cactus."

I smiled, proud of how strong she was. She never ceased to amaze me, and she's always happy. I knew I'd miss her so much, but we had Skype, and phones. I would text her everyday and make sure her day was going well. I wouldn't let distance ruin our relationship.

So as I walked into the airport, I turned and waved goodbye to the girl I love.

Aster's POV

I watched as Preston walked into the airport, giving a small smile and waving. "Have a safe flight! Love you!" I called.

"Love you too!" he called before turning and walking through the doors to the airport. I sat there for only a moment, then gave a huge sigh and turned back to the taxi. I climbed in the back, informing the driver to take me back to the house.

"It'll cost you more." He said snobbily. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I know, just go. I'm not in the mood for this." He rolled his eyes and pulled away from the airport, muttering under his breath. My phone buzzed from it's place in my pocket, so I grabbed it and slid my finger across the screen. My text messages popped up, showing a new one.

"From: Preston <3

I love you ya cactus!"I grinned and quickly typed in my reply, tapping send.

"To: Preston <3

Love you too Cactus Jones!"

The rest of the way to my house, I smiled. I have the perfect boyfriend, and nothing would come between us. What's a little distance but a test on a relationship? We will make it work, I know. We would see each other soon. Technology was great these days, except I knew I would miss a few things. Like his hugs, movie nights, him comforting me when I'm scared, and so much more. He was perfect to me, and that's all that counts.

The taxi driver stopped, and held his hand back to me. "Pay up." He grumbled. I rolled my eyes and tossed the money at him, grabbing my purse and phone and stepping out of the car. Something caught my eye before I shut the door though. Preston's sweatshirt sat on the seat he had been on. I smiled and grabbed it, slamming the door.
"Stupid kids..." The driver muttered just before I closed the door. I groaned and jogged up to my door, unlocking it and stepping inside. I expected to hear Preston's voice, calling me a Cactus, or a jag, but nothing. I sighed, sitting on the couch and looking at the sweatshirt before tossing it over to the side and switching on the TV. He wasn't gone forever, we weren't broken up. But it hurt to know that soon he would be moving even farther away. He was in Washington now, but he was looking at condos in Texas, even farther away.
I shook the thoughts from my head and began channel surfing. This wouldn't get to me. I wouldn't let it.