Chapter 13: Surprising Encounter

MITM chapter 13

AN: decided to get on an updating schedule, meaning this chapter and the ones after this will come out sooner, but they will be shorter. I'm sorry if this poses as an inconvenience to you in any way. If it does, please leave a comment below with your concerns. Thank you.

LEXIS POV

After lunch, we took the guys to Jordan's house, then as he said, we went to my house. I sat next to Jordan in the front seat, shaking with fear of my parents and how they would react to this. Lets just say Jordan has never been their favorite person, seeing as he supports me with my YouTube career and even does it himself.

"Lexi, calm down. No matter what they say you ARE coming with me. I'm not letting you stay there. Okay?" Jordan assured me, placing a hand on my own quivering one. I nodded lightly and he sighed.

"You really are scared of them, aren't you?"

"Mhm...."

"Why? They're your parents! They love you!"

I sighed. "Doesn't matter. When they're angry, they're angry. And also, they are very dead set on deleting my YouTube account. I don't think they'll let me leave this easy." I reminded him. He only sighed and watched the road. It wasn't until he turned sharply into a driveway that I noticed we were here. I started to shake more and more, afraid of what would happen.

"Lexi. Come on." Jordan said, opening my door and stretching a hand towards me. I slowly grabbed it and allowed myself to be pulled out of the car.

"I don't wanna go in there..." I mumbled.

"Lexi, look at me." I did as he said. "I'm here for you. I don't care what they say or do. You ARE coming with me. Okay? I won't have them keeping you here." He said, eyes pleading. I nodded and grabbed his hand, walking up to the door. I knocked on it, then waited for the answer.

"Lexi! You're finally back! I'm so glad to- oh. Hello Jordan." My mom greeted, saying the last part bitterly.

Jordan smiled politely at her and have a little wave, his beanie shaking slightly. "Hi Mrs. Caston." (An: sorry this wasn't mentioned earlier!! Lexi's last name is Caston!!)

"Well, thank you for bringing her. You can go on now." My mom said, seeming rushed and annoyed.

"Well.... Actually mom..... I'm moving in with Jordan." I stumbled over my words nervously. Jordan squeezed my hand to reassure me, and make sure I knew he was here. I smiled- just barely- at this fact. My mother, on the other hand, looked like she wanted to rip both of our heads off.

"WHAT?! NO YOUNG LADY YOU ARE STAYING HERE! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MOVE IN WITH JORDAN. AS A MATTER OF FACT, YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE JORDAN ANYMORE! NOW GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE AND TELL HIM TO GO HOME!" She screamed. I shrank back from the high-pitched noise and Jordan wrapped and arm around me.

"Oh, and I see you're cheating with Jordan also? Have you forgotten about Jake?" She spat. I know she's always loved me being with Jake. And I hated it.

"Listen, mom! You don't have control over me anymore! I'm 19! I'm an adult, and have been for a long time now! So I can do what I want! Now let me get my possessions and I'll get out of your hair! Okay?!" I suddenly yelled back, making both Jordan and my mom jump in surprise. I've never been one to yell, or be this angry. I've never yelled like this to anyone but Jake. This was a characteristic I got from Jordan.

I shoved past my mom with a scoff and walked into the house. I walked quickly to the living room- at the back of the house- and looked behind me. Jordan was following close behind. But just as we were about to run upstairs, someone coughed. Our heads both snapped behind us to see the one boy I didn't want to see ever again. Jake was at my house.