Chapter 42

Klaus's POV~

I walk into the room, tray in hand. Once I manage to get the door open, I walk in and push it shut after im fully in.

I really need to put those hybrids to work, they're doing absolutely nothing and it's nerve racking.

I turn around and look at Bella, ready to give her the food. My eyes soften at the sight that I get. There on the bed is Bella snuggled up to one of the pillows, fast asleep, still managing to look absolutely stunning.

I sit the tray of food down and walk over to the bed. I kneel down next to the bed and just stare at her. I release a small groan as I see her softly bite her lip, unconsciously. If only she was aware of how sexy it was.

I push the few hairs in her face back and lightly kiss her forehead. I jump back a bit at how hot it is, suddenly becoming worried.

I put my whole hand on her forehead and growl at the amount of heat I feel. When did this happen?? How did this happen??

I was only gone for about an hour or two and she's suddenly got a fever. Well shit, I forgot humans can get sick from contact with germs and this house is full of them.

She begins to cough in her sleep, causing her to wake up. I rub my hand across her back up and down soothingly.

"What the hell??" She mutters once she's done coughing.

"Your sick Bella." I inform her as I continue to rub her back.

"That's insulting." She says, offended.

"No, I mean your literally sick." I explain.

"I was just fine before I went back to sleep." She tells me before going into another cough session.

I slide onto the bed, placing her head on my lap as I continue to comfort her.

"Im just as surprised as you are." I say

I wait for her to fall asleep before I remove myself from the bed.

I pick up the tray of food and walk out of the room.

I go to the kitchen and sit the tray down, when I look up I see Elijah.

"She finally got tired of your food??" He questions with an amused smile as he takes a glance at the full tray and my solemn look.

"No, she's got a fever." I say as I take a seat on the stool next to him. His smile immediately drops.

"Really?? That's too bad, I actually kind of liked her attitude. Who new she would've died at such a young age??" He questions sarcastically with a mock look of sadness.

"Not funny, she's not gonna die asshole." I growl out.

"I know, relax it only lasts for a few days." He says.

I sigh as I run a hand through my hair. I don't know how to take care of someone with a fever.

"Kyle!! Camila!!" I shout and they come rushing in immediately, standing next to each other awkwardly.

I do feel a bit bad for being the cause of why they broke up, but she had a chance to tell me she was in a relationship and chose not too. I would've left her alone if I knew.

"Go to the store and pick up anything to get help get rid of a fever, soup, medicine, anything." I say reaching over the counter and into the drawer on the other side for my emergency credit card. I know that's a weird place to put it but I did use to live alone.

"The code it 1970." I tell them and they nod their heads before leaving.

"Check on Bella every now and then for me, I gotta go." I tell Elijah.