Chapter 45

Bella's POV~

Once Klaus gave me his blood the wound healed pretty quick and the pain immediately vanished but unfortunately im still stuck with the cold.

I glance around to see we're the only ones left in the room. Before I can do anything Klaus pulls me into his warm and tight embrace, it's comforting and I love being in his arms.

"Klaus, im fine. You know other than my cold." I say with a half hearted giggle as he breathes in my scent.

Any humor I had left in me immediately disappears as Klaus's body begins to shake and small sounds escape his mouth as my shirt begins to become damp.

Is he.....crying??

Klaus, crying. I don't like it, Klaus doesn't cry, it's just not him. As tough as he is I never thought I would ever see him cry.

He holds onto me tighter as I wrap my arms around him.

"Klaus, im fine, it's ok." I say soothingly and he begins to calm down.

"You don't get it Bella." He begins and my heart shatters at his broken voice. I don't like seeing him like this, he's always so strong.
"I almost lost you today, if I would've came a second late-" I silence him with a kiss.

"You weren't late and im still here, you saved me." I speak against his lips.

He shakes his head.
"But-"

"But nothing." I say hugging him again before slipping out if his embrace.

He pulls me back to him before I can get far and connects our lips again.
After a few seconds I pull away.

"Stuffed nose, harder to breathe." I explain to his disappointed stare.

He huffs and I head to the bathroom, im in desperate need of a shower.

~~~

Klaus's POV~

While Bella takes her shower I take my time going to a spare bathroom. I squirt alot of soap on my hand and turn on the water, I then start to scrub the blood off.

I can't believe I cried in front of Bella, it would be a lie if I said it wasn't embarrassing. I don't cry in front of people, hell I don't cry and if I ever do it's calm and silent.

It's just the thought of loosing her is so extremely, unbelievably painful. She's probably the only human I have ever gotten close to, im more open with her than I am with my family and I've only known her for a few months, maybe a little over one or two.

I have very strong feelings for Bella, but I can't allow myself to fall for her. I don't know where I expect our relationship to go, but definitely not past like and lust. Sure we can have our fun but I will not love her. Love is a weakness and I can't afford to have any weaknesses with as many enemies as I have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOPE YOU ENJOYED.

~~ERIIII