Everything Is Going To Be Okay

Chapter 22

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the long wait for this chapter to be uploaded. I just finished with the first semester with the final exams and all the written projects, etc. Anyways, here’s the chapter, I won’t let you wait any longer. Enjoy! J

XxangelxforeverxX

Lexie’s POV

            After singing my heart out, I opened up my eyes and I can tell that many people were touched by the song I sang. I gave them a weak smile and just went to sit beside my Uncle who said, ‘Beautiful message doll. I am sure your Father heard that up there.’ and gave me a side hug. I then have this sudden urge to turn for some unknown reason and when I really did turned I saw a shadow and looked like … but that is not possible, but then again it is possible. I want to go to him and ask him but someone stopped me and guess who … my best friend, my first crush, my first love and my first heartbreak, Nathan. I just gave him an emotionless look and he said, ‘Hey, how are you?’ I then contemplated on what I am about to say to him. Should I say, ‘Everything is good and life should go on, right?’ or ‘Since when do you care?’ or I will just take the easy route and say, ‘I will be okay, eventually.’ and I decided to say the latter part and he just nodded. He made some small talk but I just gave him a short response and basically telling him I - do - not - even - want - to - talk - to - you - right – now but he does not get it.

            From the looks given by my two best friends, they really want to strangle him right now with all the strength they had because of what he did to me but I gave them a reassuring smile that I can handle it and both gave me a nod. Uncle Si then said, ‘Doll, it is time.’ Those words that came out of his mouth are all I need to tear up again and cry shamelessly and not noticing that Nathan is the one stood beside me, comforting me and guiding me to the grave. Just remembering all the good times we had made me cry harder.

~Flashback~

            Being young is hard cause growing up without a Mom where she helps you in times of need or like just gossiping but Dad is everything for a child.

            He was there when I got bullied at the age of five when a boy kept on pulling my hair and poking me with a stick and saying, ‘Don not fret baby girl, he likes you that is why he keeps on treating you bad. The more they hate you, the more they like you.’ ‘But you did not do it to Momma right?’ he then said, ‘No baby girl, I treat her right. I gave her my full attention, the love and care she needed.’ and gave me a smile and added, ‘Someday baby girl, that right person will do the same and gave you his full attention and give you all his love and care.’ and I just gave him a big hug and said, ‘I want that boy to be like you Dadda.’

            Having my first period was the worst day of my life at the age of twelve. Seeing as this is my first time he then gave me a few pointers with the help of Nana and bought me a lot of pads at the convenience store seeing as he does not know what to choose. Nana and I both laughed at his dilemma and he just shrugged and laughed along side with us.

            At the age of seventeen he told me, ‘Baby girl, I have to live and travel across different countries. You know how difficult my job is, I am really sorry baby girl.’ Tears ran down my face when I learned he has to go and will not see him for months or even years. He hugged me and said, ‘Do not cry baby girl, I will write you every week and tell you everything about the places I will see. Just promise me that you will also write but not the kind of texting, e – mail or skype. I want it to be letters so that we both know how we love and care for each other. The extra effort we give on those letters tells us that nothing beats the old ways.’ I gave him a hard hug and nodded saying, ‘I love you Dad, just promise me you stay safe while travelling.’ He then said, ‘I promise baby girl. I promise.’

            Letters every week are sent and that every single details of my life is written just for him to know that I am okay and that he is safe. He also learned through the letter how Nathan badly hurt me and indicating on his letters saying, ‘Boys like him does not need your full attention, love and care he needed. The right guy is out there and looking for you, do not give him what he wanted and move on. The effort and time you had given him is enough and it is time to look after for yourself. You are a strong, independent, loving woman baby girl. Do not let him break you.’ Those words hit me and telling me that he was right and I should moved on and that is what I did.

~End of Flashback~

            Remembering those good memories with him brings me into tears while slowly going to his grave. Nathan is just there, holding me so I will not fall and telling me soothing words. Uncle Si then gave me a single white rose to put on the coffin since he already put his. Looking at my Uncle, he does not even look good. I can tell that he wanted to put up a tough look but I can see that his eyes are red. I leave Nathan behind and went straight to Dad’s coffin and put the white rose and whispered saying, ‘Everything will be okay Dad. I know you are watching me right now, just so you know I love you so very much and I will never forget you.’ with those words I wiped away the tears and hugged Uncle Si saying, ‘Everything is going to be okay.’