Introductions

Chapter 1

                My name is Alexandra Selena Cowell. You may call me Alex or Selena but my family and best friends call me Lexie. Yes, I am the niece of THE Simon Cowell. My mom died when she gave birth to me. So basically, I grew up with a nanny by my side. Well, as for my dad, he is like Uncle Si, he works 24/7, always travelling to different countries in search for talents that are possibly hard to find.

                I just graduated from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design with a double degree in Fashion Design and Drama (Singing and Acting). My dad was never really there for me when I took my first step or said my first word which by the way was ‘Papa’. He was never really there for my birthdays, heartbreaks, graduation, but he never fails to send me his love through written letters. Yes, I know what you are thinking. Why not send it through e-mail, text or just call you? For me, written letters shows how you really care for that person whom you are writing to. It really takes a lot effort for you to write down all your feelings. My dad never fails to send me written letters at least 4 times a month.

                Since I am a fresh graduate, Uncle Si gave me a job as a stylist of a certain band. I was not really that shocked that Uncle Si trusts me with this job. Since the day I first step foot in CSMCAD, I made him promise me that I will become the stylist of his artists. I know some of my works were praised by famous fashion designers and clearly they want me to be their co-designer but I turn down the offers. I really do appreciate the offer, but I want to freely express my design through my dad and Uncle’s company.

                ‘Are you excited for tomorrow love?’ Nana said.

                ‘Oh yes Nana! Finally! I’ve been dreading that day to come and that day is tomorrow! What do you think should I wear Nana?’ I said.

                ‘Love, whatever you wear tomorrow, you still look beautiful. I’m sure they’ll immediately fall in love with you.’ she said.

                I am not THAT beautiful. I’m just like every girl in the world, NORMAL. My height is 5’5”, have brunette wavy hair that stops over my bum. The color of my eyes is blue-green. The figure of my body is average. All the right curves are there. My complexion is not too pale nor tanned.  Basically, I inherited all my features from my mom except the color of my eyes, complexion and hair which I inherited from my dad.

                ‘Oh Nana, I’m sure to them I’m like just the other girls. I’m not beautiful.’ I said to her.

                ‘Whatever you say dear, but clearly you haven’t seen yourself in front of the mirror.’ she said.

                I probably should tell you that I am really insecure when it comes to my looks. I’m not really the model material. I’m kinda jealous whenever I see models or actresses who are so beautiful and that they have the perfect body that every girl is dying to have.

                ‘Anyways Nana, I’ll go hit the sack. I have to wake up early tomorrow. Good night Nana!’ I said to her.

                ‘Good night love. Sweet dreams!’ she said. I went up stairs and change to my clothes to pajamas. I slowly cover myself with the blanket and turn off the lamp.

                Tomorrow is a big day for me. It’s the first day of my job. I finally get to meet the band that Uncle Si always talks about. I hope they’re funny, kind and friendly. I really can’t work with people who are so rude, snob and arrogant. I glanced at my clock and it’s already 10:30pm and I have to get up early or else I’ll be late and I know how Uncle Si hates it when people are late for a meeting. As I was about to count the 23rd sheep, my eyelids are getting heavier and heavier until I fall into deep sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the wrong grammar. This is my first story