Chapter 28:

Elizabeth

I'm so glad we're home, I don't like hospitals they bring back to many bad memories.

I grabbed Xavier from his car seat and placed him in his crib. I grabbed the baby monitors and turned them one.

I walked down stairs to be met with a happy looking Kalin.

"Would you like to eat now, madam?" I smiled at him.

"Yes sir." He smirked at me.

I sat down at the table and placed the baby monitor next to me.

I looked at the spaghetti in front of me and licked my lips, it looked 10 times delicious than what it would regularly, since I was stuck eating hospital food.

"How are you feeling?" Kalin asked.

"Fine, just a bit tired." I admitted.

"You should rest up after this." He told me. I nodded my head and continued eating.

Once I was finished I placed my plate in the sink and made my way upstairs.

We decided to keep Xavier in our room and then move him to the nursery when his a few weeks old.

When want to keep an eye on him and make sure his okay. I checked up on him to see if he was okay and he was still sleeping.

I got into bed also and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

~

"Xavier's diaper is dirty." Kalin informed me.

"Why are you telling me this? It's your turn to change his diaper." I said. He groaned and then proceeded to remove his onesie.

"No babe, this is gross. He pooped and he has a little bit on his leg." He whined. I laughed at him, his expression was priceless.

"Like father like son." I joked.

"Hey! No you can't you that on me. His your son too." He retorted.
He finally took the diaper off and started to clean him up.

It was just funny looking at Kalin and his facial expressions he would make towards the dirty diaper.

"All set!" He handed me Xavier and I laid him down on my chest. He immediately got comfortable and fell asleep again.

I wish I could stay asleep the whole day like he does. 

Kalin came back in the room and laid down next to me. I often find him staring at me with a smile on his face and sometimes I wonder what he's thinking about.

Sometimes it would get the best of me and I'll ask him and he'll reply with a "nothing" or just brush of the question but I wanted a real answer, so I asked again.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I asked.

His eyes met mine and we stared at each other for a good moment. His eyes always seemed to catch my attention.

"Us." He replied.