Crossing Paths In Rio

After a long flight, with Red in the back complaining the entire time...they finally made it to Rio.

"Ok guys, we're here."  Bree said.

"Finally, I was getting tired of this flight."  Red said.

"Well Red, we have a lot more places to go in this plane.  So you might want to get comfortable."  Conner said.

"I see a small airport down there.  Let's go ahead and land."  Edward with help from Bree safely landed.

"Well that was a much softer landing than when I landed this thing in Germany."  Bree said.

Red quickly unbuckled and opened the door and jumped out.  She breathed in the fresh air and sighed.

"Finally fresh air."  The rest of them soon joined her and were grateful that they didn't have to be in that plane anymore.

"Wow, if that's how people transport themselves from place to place here, I'm glad I don't live here."  Jack said and stretched.

"Like Conner said guys get used to it."  Mother Goose said.

"So where do we find this Stone of Courage?"  Bo Peep asked.

"The stones can't be found.  They appear at the right time and the right place.  We're at the right place, and now one of us has to do something that takes a lot of courage."

"Why didn't u tell us that back on the blimp.  I would not have agreed to this if I knew this!"  Red complained.

"Red please stop, before I seriously hurt you.  I'm done with your whining."  Bo Peep said.

"Zip it.  Your dead, you don't have a say in this conversation."  Red said.  "Nothing bothers you now.  You can't get hurt.  I'm pretty sure your butt doesn't hurt after that long flight."

"Guys please no more fighting.  I got enough of it five months ago in The Fairytale World."  Bree whined.

"How about we go get something to eat while we think of a way to get the stone."  Jack suggested.

"Yes, please."  Edward said.  Bo Peep and Red glared at each other and they all walked away from the airport. 

"So Conner, are you scared that we might not make this staff?"  Bree asked.

"I actually am.  I don't know how long this will take.  It might take forever, and that means both worlds will be in trouble forever."  Conner said.  "I'm scared."

"I am too.  Thanks for including me though."

"Your welcome.  I'm glad your here."  Conner said and smiled.

Bree smiled back and they walked together down the side walk.  They soon found a restaurant and walked inside and got a table.

"I can't wait until I get home when all this is over."  Red said and laid back in her chair.  A waitressing soon came over to their table.  She had short curly blonde hair, with brown eyes and wore glasses with red rims.  She wore a white uniform with a red tie and black shoes.

"Welcome to Brazil's Steak House.  What can I get you today?"  The waitress said and looked up from her note pad and straight at Mother Goose.  She gasped and dropped her note pad and pen.  Everyone looked at Mother Goose wondering what had just happened.  Mother Goose looked around the restaurant and got up.

"Hey Maddie."

"Mom?"

"WHAT?"  Conner, Red and Jack said in unison.

"You had a kid?!"  Conner said surprised.  Mother Goose walked over to Maddie and hugged her.  Maddie was so surprised she didn't hug her back. 

"It's been a while."  Mother Goose said and took a step back.

"It has.  It's been way to long and you know that."  Maddie said and pushed up her glasses.

"I know it has.  Please can we just go somewhere and talk?"

Maddie dragged Mother Goose to the back of the restaurant.

"Hey...she didn't take my order."  Red said.

Maddie and Mother Goose went outside to the back where all the garbage was kept.

"Explain...why didn't you come find me...and why did you just show up."  Maddie asked and put her hands on her hips.

"I...I did look for you.  I looked everywhere for you.  I searched the entire Fairytale World."  Mother Goose said.  "I soon found you about 10 years ago here in the Otherworld.  I wanted to go get you and bring you back home.  But something was going on in the Fairytale World and I didn't want to lose you to that, and I saw you with another family and you looked so happy and safe.  All I ever wanted for you was somewhere safe for you to grow up."

"You could have told me that, 10 years ago."  Maddie said and wiped away a tear underneath her glasses.  "That family was my foster family.  I was soon moved to another, and another, and many more after that.  I never got adopted.  I was forever a foster kid.  I would have rather been in the Fairytale World under attack then have pain I felt all those years."

"Maddie, I didn't know I'm so sorry."

"Don't...you made the decision to leave me the second you left me in those woods.  I WAS SIX!!  YOU LEFT ME, AND I FELL STRAIGHT INTO A PORTAL!  I was frightened.  I felt like I was going to die.  I cried myself to sleep all those years.  I lived on the streets that first year.  Living on scraps.  Soon this rich women found me and put me in a foster home."

"Maddie, I thought you were right behind me.  I never knew that.  I'm sorry, I should have made sure you were behind me before I started walking."  Mother Goose said and wiped away a tear.  "Please forgive me."

"Of course I forgive you."  Maddie said and hugged her mother tightly.  A stream of tears were now coming down both their faces.  They hugged each other tightly and separated a few moments later.  "Now, what are you doing here, with all those people?"

"Something's happened in the Fairytale World and we're here to collect something we need for our plan."

"What are you making?"

"The Staff of Magic."  Mother Goose said.  Maddie smiled and looked down at the floor.

"That was the first spell, John and I made together."  Maddie said. 

She smiled at the memory of John.  When they were younger they were great friends.  They spent a lot of time together and had many adventures.  They had an idea for the Staff of Magic when they were younger when they were going up against a bunch of witches. 

"Mom, you don't know if that's going to work.  John and I made that when we were very young."  Maddie said.  "Are you seriously going to try and make a Staff Of Magic that two little kids created?"

"You know the Fairy Godmother had faith that this actually might work.  Listen, Johns son is in there and his sister is in trouble.  He needs something to have faith in right now."  Mother Goose said.  "Will you help us?

"Of course I will.  I actually went to America and met up with John.  I met Alex and Conner when they were 3."  Maddie said.

"So you know what happened to him?"

Maddie nodded and frowned.  "I wanted to go to his funeral, but I didn't have the strength to.  I knew I would have missed him to much."  Maddie said.

"Oh Maddie."  Mother Goose said and smiled.

"So going back to the conversation.  I'll help you and I'm glad you came back."