The Past Is Best Left In The Past

Bree and Edward flew out of the portal and landed on a pile of sand on a beach. Bree sat up and spit a ton of sand out.

"Conner? Emmerich?" Bree said looking at all her surroundings. She saw not to faraway was her dad. She ran over to him. She shook him awake, and he slowly sat up and spit out sand as well.

"Bree?" Edward said. "Are you ok?" He hugged her tightly and Bree hugged him back.

"I'm fine, you?"

"I'm good, where are the rest of them? What happened."

"A portal opened, and we were separated. Let's go find them." Bree said and helped her dad up. They looked behind them and saw a palace that was burnt down. "I don't remember this kingdom when I was here last time." Edward just stood there quietly staring at the palace.

"Um, come on Bree. Let's go find someone to help us." Edward said. "I don't think anyone is here though."

They walked down the beach until they found steps leading up to an abandoned village. It looked like this Kingdom had been through a huge war. They walked through out the village and saw a bunch of houses that were burnt to the ground. Only some of them were in good condition.

"Who are you?" A voice said from behind them. They turned around and saw an old man leaning on his cane dressed in rags and was incredibly skinny. He looked like he hadn't eaten in years. "King...?"

"Who are you, and can you tell me where we are?" Bree asked.

"Your in the Atlantic Kingdom." The old man said.

"Are you the only one here?"

"Yes. I've been here for a long ten years." The old man said.

"Can you please tell us what happened here?" Bree asked him.

"I think your father here can tell you." The old man bowed and he walked away.

"That was weird." Bree could tell by her dads face that he wanted to tell her something.

"Dad...what's wrong?"

"Come here Bree." Edward said and led her out of the village and to the palace steps. Bree was very confused and starting to get scared. They walked inside the palace and stood in front of a painting of what looked like Morina. Edward took the picture and threw it off the wall revealing another portrait underneath. Bree gasped, the portrait was a painting of two little girls wearing pink and purple dresses, a beautiful women with light brown hair and blue eyes wearing a long silky blue dress, and next to her was Edward.

"Dad, why does that man look like you?" Bree asked.

"Bree, do you recognize that little blonde girl there."

Bree took a closer look and noticed that it was her.  She took a step back and put her hand over her mouth in shock.  She looked at her dad and and out of the back of the castle.  Edward sighed and ran after her.  Bree ran outside into the garden and ran into three gravestones. On each other the gravestones were engraved Princess Bree, Princess Amanda and King Edward. Edward walked behind her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Why don't I remember this?"

"You were pretty young Bree."  Edward said.

10 Years Earlier.....

It was late at night and everyone was asleep, except for Edward who was in his throne room pacing back and fourth.  His right hand man Ferdinand was standing at the table with a map of the world on it.