The Stone Of Courage

Maddie and Mother Goose walked back inside the restaurant, and found the rest of the group eating.

"Mother Goose, so are you going to introduce us to your long lost daughter?" Conner asked.

"Maddie, this is, Conner, Jack, Red, Bo Peep, Emmerich, Bree, and Edward."

"Hey, I know you." Jack said and stood up. "You helped me along time ago."

"Yeah I did. I can't believe you remember that." Maddie said. "It's great to see you again Jack."

"Wait, I think I remember you too. When I first got my kingdom you and your little friend were walking around and helped build my wall."  Red said.  "Thank you for that again."

"Your welcome.  Um, so when you guys are ready, I have to go back to my apartment so I can change so we can start on that Stone of Courage."

"That's great.  I think we're actually done.  So let's go guys."  Edward said.  He payed the bill and they left the restaurant.  They all then squeezed into Maddie's tiny car and they drove off to her apartment.  They soon drove in front of a dirty old apartment building.

"Ok guys, I'll be right back.  Just stay here."  Maddie said and got out of the car.

"I now know how a tomato in a sandwich feels."  Bree said.

"I know right."  Conner said.

"I hate this world."  Red said as she was being squished up against the door by Bo Peep.

"I don't even think it's legal for me, a child to be sitting in the trunk."  Emmerich said.

"It not, so duck down."  Mother Goose said from her roomy front seat.  "Guys stop complaining, we'll be out of here before you know it."

"Oh shut it!"  They all said.

"You don't feel like sandwich right now."  Edward said.

Meanwhile, Maddie got out of the elevator and unlocked the door to her apartment.  There she found her Fiancé Jacob on the couch eating chips.

Jacob had black hair and dark skin.  He also had a thick Portuguese accent.

"Hey babe.  How was work?"  Jacob asked.

"It was good.  Um, I have to leave right after I get changed."

"Where do you have to go?"

"Um....I'm just going out with some friends.  Just going to dinner."  Maddie said and went into the bedroom.  She quickly changed into a white teeshirt and a jean jacket.  She put on a pair of jeans on and a pair of black boots.  She then came out the room and there was a knock on the door.

"Wait, don't open it."  Jacob said and stood up.  He slowly walked up to the door and looked through the peep hole on the door.  "It's the landlord."

"Why would he come here?  We've payed."  Maddie said and walked over to him.  Jacob stayed quiet and walked over to the couch.  "Jacob, you have paid your half of the rent, right?"

"Maddie, I got fired three months ago.  So no I haven't."  Jacob said.

"Jacob!  Where have you been going everyday then?"

"I've just been hanging out with my friends.  I've tried to find a job, but I can't."

"That's it.  This was the third job.  We're done."  Maddie said.  She walked to the door and opened it.

"Hello Maddie, Jacob.  I've seen that I have only received half of the rent in the last three months."  The Landlord said.  "Do you want to explain this?"